Chapter 19

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

I'm on a plane to Japan because I can no longer put my feelings on hold. I can not let Taeyeon feel bad all the time anymore, and I can not let fans and haters meddle in our relationship anymore.

I remember the days when we were careless and did nothing but love each other, and I miss those times.

FLASHBACK

Taeyeon and I both flinched at the sight of a person jogging towards us. We're out on a date at the crack of dawn beside the Han River.

Her hand gripped tighter on mine as she whispered, "What should we do? He'll for sure see us."

"Run," was the first word that escaped through my lips. We looked at each other before running the other way.

She said between her breaths, "He's gonna think we're weird."

"He probably thinks we're someone who had stolen money from him," I replied while still running.

|~~~|

I whined as I buried myself in her blanket, "I said I don't want to watch this!"

Taeyeon, as an avid fan she is, had convinced me to watch a foreign horror movie with her; but as the cowardly cat I am, I can't support her taste in films and movies.

Someone entered the dorm, and it was Joo Hyun, the group's now former manager due to her invasion of some of the members' privacy.

I greeted her with respect and went back to hiding under Taeyeon's blanket. I heard Joo Hyun say, "I'm back for the rest of my things."

Taeyeon didn't respond to her but whispered playfully to my ears, "You wanna know a secret?" I looked at her as she scrunched her nose, "I've seen this already."

I sprung up on the couch and glared at her while pouting.

"I'm sorry. I just love seeing your reaction," she laughed hysterically.

+=+=+=+=+=+

Our days drastically changed overnight, and I couldn't just sit and watch everything Taeyeon and I built crumble to the ground.

I managed to evade any public attention and made it to her group's dorm in Tokyo. I rang the doorbell and came out one of their managers who were surprised to see me.

"I'm sorry. I need to talk to Taeyeon," I bowed.

Aware that chasing me away wouldn't do him any good, he sighed, "Get inside."

I entered the living room and sat on the couch. Some of the girls were surprised to see me, but I couldn't even greet them as my mind was filled with how I should approach Taeyeon about our situation.

She burst out of her room's door and appeared as if she needed to see me in order to believe that, according to what her manager had informed her, I was in fact in their dorm's living room. A few strands of her hair were covering her sight and her breathing was visibly rapid.

I felt my eyes well up, but I fought it back with a smile, "Hi... How have you been?"

She composed herself and sat with me, "Why're you here?"

Wow... that was a slap in the face.

"We haven't seen each other, so I thought I should do something about it," I answered, completely forgetting why I flew here in the first place.

"Baekhyun, didn't I tell you we should be careful in the meantime? We don't want to be seen by anyone like this," she pointed out.

I didn't expect her to shoo me away upon seeing me. The last time I flew to Japan to see her, I saw how she had melted down her anger into admiration. Now, all I see is hatred in her face.

She scratched her temple, "We're already in so much trouble from our company and the public. We don't want to add fuel to the fire, do we?"

She can't be the one I'd been dating for the past half year now. She turned into a whole new person overnight.

I looked deeply into her eyes and gritted my teeth to refrain myself from breaking down in whimpers and tears. She looked away from my eyes, and it made me think her love for me had finally faded.

Impossible... It's only been a month since the issue came out. There's no way she's going to give up that instant.

It felt like we had grown apart during the weeks we had never seen each other, and I guess I just didn't have the energy to turn it all back around.

I turned my head away and asked, "Is that what you really want?"

Her body language yells for me to just vanish in thin air. Her legs are turned the opposite way, and her fingers are tapping on the couch, showing how much she's irritated and just impatient for me to go.

She clicked her tongue, "I mean, you shouldn't have come. Everyone knows my group is in Japan. Now, what if the paparazzi learn that you're here? They're gonna make stories up, and it'll hurt our groups more than they already are hurting."

Our groups? Our relationship wasn't even the first thing that she thought would get affected but our groups?

My chest felt as though it was in a clenched fist all while hearing her talk for a good couple of minutes.

I never got to say my part: assure her everything's gonna be alright and comfort her because I know she's also suffering. However, seeing her act like this makes me think she's become cold and indifferent.

Maybe I was the only one in pain, while she occupied herself with work...