Chapter 15

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

My breathing is chasing me at the same time I'm chasing my breathing.

[Exclusive] Taeyeon and Baekhyun spotted at a convertible date... the birth of an in-house couple at SM!

There was a collection of pictures from our date last month in an article Dispatch had published just now. Our managers are on their phones, canceling all our schedules for three days, and I can't do anything but feel sorry for my members.

My hands started shaking when I placed them on my temples. Like my hands, my voice came out shaky, "I'm so sorry, guys."

Junmyeon shook his head and patted my back, "It's not your fault for falling in love."

After finishing a phone call, our head manager walked toward me, and I could tell that he was stressed. I apologized with my head down, "I'm so sorry."

"Again, I am not against you guys dating, but you need to be more careful," he said with a hint of disappointment in his voice. "We're going to take a break for three whole days, then you and Suho will go back as emcees at Inkigayo on the 22nd."

He left the room as he took another phone call about the current situation.

I kept my head down while feeling sorry for everyone affected because of my relationship, but as if there was no issue surrounding us, Chanyeol dived on the couch and yelled, "Will always love days off!"

The rest giggled and started having a physical fight with Chanyeol in a playful manner. Kyungsoo went to the kitchen and asked, "What do you guys want for dinner?"

Tao squealed, "Doenjang stew!"

"We have leftover kimchi, so let him cook kimchi stew instead," Jongdae says as he goes to the kitchen and sees how he can help Kyungsoo.

With a disgusted face, Tao questioned, "Aren't you getting tired of kimchi?"

Junmyeon chuckled, "See? You got nothing to worry about."

"Thank you, but I need to call her," I said with a trembling voice.

I could hear them whisper as I was leaving the place.

"Do you think he fell for that?"

"Bad acting, you should never be an actor."

"Tell Chanyeol that, 'Doenjang stew.'"

I went to my room and started phoning Taeyeon, but she wasn't answering.

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

"This is absurd, Kim Taeyeon! So unprofessional!" the company's co-director shouts as he walks around his office out of frustration.

I was called to the company due to the "scandal" I issued.

He pointed at me with much anger, "You should've known better. If you're going out on a date, you shouldn't have been caught."

I started staring at the floor the minute I walked into his office, and I hadn't looked up since. For twenty whole minutes, he still hasn't finished going over and over the same thing.

We heard a knock, and the door revealed Mr. Lee Soo Man. "Alright, that's enough. You may go now, Taeyeon."

I bowed to both of them before taking my leave. I wore my cap but still had my head down while walking the hallways of this building.

I feel like everyone's eyes are on me...

On my way to the dorm, Baekhyun keeps calling my phone, but I had no energy to answer it. I'm not mad at him or anything—that wouldn't make any sense, first of all—but I'm just ashamed of myself for having a relationship that had the power to dump two teams' careers down the drain.

Our manager sighed, "I don't think you should meet up with him for the time being."

I get him. He's just looking out for the two groups involved. Meanwhile, I went on the Internet and looked at what the public had to say about us.

(+209 -6, How shameless of a rookie to be dating his senior of five years. Leave EXO!)

(+121 -4, How did you seduce someone three years younger than you, Madam?)

(+157 -11, I guess EXO will lose another member lol)

(+20 -198, You guys act like you don't fall in love with your peers.)

(+87 -16, Don't worry they will break up soon lmao)

(+132 -5, I feel so betrayed...)

My heart hurts for Baekhyun. He's still new to the industry and fragile to all this cyber harassment.

I hope he's not seeing all of these...

We arrived at the front of our dorm with my phone buzzing the whole time. I had all these notifications from people who support Baekhyun and me, those who don't, people from the company, and those who are not.

When I looked outside, there were tons of people who were basically protesting against my relationship and feelings toward Baekhyun. They are watching the door and waiting for me to come out of the building at any second.

"We can't have you be in this place," I hear our manager utter.

He quickly turned the van around, but the haters started chasing us.

I started trembling in fear and cried, "I don't want them to see me..."

I tried sinking into my chair, but the seatbelt was refraining me to do so. I became a nervous wreck trying to hide myself in this van because I'm afraid of any worst-case scenario. They might throw a rock at the window; we might run over one of them; or I might not be able to continue my career as Girls' Generation's Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon, calm down. The windows are tinted very dark. They won't be able to see you," he said, trying to calm me down but of no use.

He called a lot of people, but only one answered. He asked, "Hello. Ma'am, can Taeyeon come over and stay at your place? We can't drop her off at the dorm 'cause people are constantly after her."

After an hour of straying the haters away, we finally arrived at a house.

I asked, "Where are we?"

"Seohyun's parents'," he briefly answered.