Chapter 9

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

The year is ending, so I decided to spend it with my family back in my hometown: Bucheon, Gyeonggi Province.

"Mom," I called and threw my bags on the floor. "I'm here~"

Our dog was the one who approached me first, so I cuddled with him for a while. "Hi, Mongryong~"

Baek Beom hyung appeared while wearing an apron and gloves. He smiled, "You're here. We're cooking meals. Come help us."

I went to the kitchen with Mongryong following me. I hugged Mom and swayed her back and forth, "Mom~"

I went beside Dad who was cutting onions, and when I looked up at him, he was crying. I burst out laughing at that sight, "I'll take over, Dad."

He sobbed and pushed me away, "You can't even hold a knife properly. Go away. I'll endure all the hardship your mom is putting me through with tears streaming down my face."

Both hyung and I laughed at him as Mom argued, "Your mouth is spitting nonsense again."

Upon hearing that, Dad exaggeratedly whimpers while smashing the chopping board with the knife in his hand, making us laugh for the second time. I sat on a bar stool and leaned on the countertop just to watch the three of them get busy.

"Hey, stop watching and get to work," hyung pointed at me, but I only pouted.

"I'm so tired, Mom," I whined. I got up, and as I walked away, I heard hyung complain about my escape from the kitchen work.

I went to my room and lied down on my bed. I stared at the ceiling, filled with glow-in-the-dark stars, and fell into a deep thought.

FLASHBACK

"You've been going on a lot of dates, Baekhyun," I heard our senior manager say after I entered our dorm room at midnight.

"I'm sorry," I bowed.

He shook his head, "You're at your age where dating someone feels like it's everything. I don't blame you, but you're an idol and she also is. I want the both of you to be careful from revealing your relationship to the public unless you guys want backlash and hate."

"I understand," I uttered with my hands clasped together.

He nodded, "Get a good night's sleep 'cause you have a recording tomorrow."

+=+=+=+=+=+

I let out a sigh and slept away those thoughts.

The next day, I was becoming bored, so I decided to play with Mongryong, "Mongryong, come here. Give me your hand." He lied down instead.

The doorbell rang, and hyung went to answer the intercom. He gasped, "Oh, Baekhyun. Isn't that Taeyeon, your colleague?"

After hearing the name, I immediately went to the intercom to check, and it is her. I rushed to go outside and brought her inside.

She looked up at me with her rosy cheeks, "Hi!"

Her breath gave a hint of alcohol reek, so I walked her to my room and let her sleep on my bed. I went outside my room and found out that everyone was trying to peek at us from the living room.

"So... Care to explain why your 'colleague' is in your room dead drunk?" hyung asked with his head tilted to the right.

"Why did she drink so much in this broad daylight?" Dad asked out of confusion.

"You didn't impregnate this girl, did you?" Mom asked, ready to beat the shit outta me.

"No!" I exclaimed. "I have no idea. I didn't even know she knew where I lived..." I took a deep breath before saying, "This is probably the worst way to introduce her to you as this was all of a sudden, and she's, uhm, wasted, but... she's my girlfriend."

All their jaws dropped.

Hyung raised his brows, "Girls' Generation's Taeyeon is?"

"Well, that's a surprise! Isn't it your first time introducing a girl to us?" Dad proudly smiled.

Hyung laughed, "And in that state?"

"Stop teasing your brother," Dad elbowed him.

Mom slapped Dad on his back before going to the kitchen, "We need to prepare dinner. We have a guest over."

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

I groaned at the pain I was feeling all over my body and immediately realized that I was being watched. I opened my eyes and three unfamiliar faces were right in front of me, so I was scared to death.

I shrieked, "Argh! Where am I?"

"You're in your boyfriend's room," a lady in her mid 30s stated.

My boyfriend..?

My eyes widened and swiftly stood up to greet them, "Hello, ma'am, sir, sir... I'm Kim Taeyeon. I'm very sorry that this is how I came to introduce myself. It's very rude of me to-."

"It's okay, sweetie. The dinner's ready. Let's go eat," a man in her late 30s smiled.

A man around my age uttered, "I'm getting hungry."

Fvck, Taeyeon! You are so in trouble...

I sat down at their dining table with all of them, and just now, I saw Baekhyun preparing the dinner alone. He gave me an assuring smile and continued what he was doing.

I bowed my head and fidgeted with my fingers nervously.

"Chin up, hon. Some might think we're giving you an earful," his mom tapped my arm.

I smiled to myself after her words lessened the weight on my shoulders.

We started eating when his dad spoke, "I was wondering... You're not here to get our Baekhyun back, are you?"

I choked, "I-I'm sorry?"

He chuckled, "I mean, he's on vacation. I was hoping you're not here to cut it short."

"No. Not at all, sir. I've got no excuses as to why I'm here. Guess I wanted to hang out with him more, so my drunk feet led me here. I apologize," I sincerely say.

He giggled, "That's good to hear. We also want to hang out with him more."

His dad made a lot of jokes the whole dinnertime.

Guess Baekhyun took after his dad humor-wise and got his mother's facial features...

I volunteered to wash the dirty dishes and finally got to do them after a couple of fights about why I should and shouldn't wash them. I felt someone approach me from the back, so the tension started growing back inside me.

"Are you okay with dating a younger guy?" his mom asked with a soft tone.

I chuckled, "Yes, ma'am."

She sighed, "I'm sorry I gave birth to a very child-like son. I'm afraid he's giving you a hard time with all the humor he took after his dad."

I giggled, "Not at all. You raised him well. His humor's the one that has kept me going despite the hardships I'm in."

"Then that's good to hear," she smiled and tapped my right shoulder before leaving me in the kitchen.

Right then and there, I let out a deep sigh of relief.