Chapter 36

Kim Taeyeon's Point of View

I've been preparing for a little surprise with all the letters I wrote for Baekhyun when he was in a coma. I'm planning to show him the letters and read them to him or he can read them himself—whichever way he likes—and he'll learn about what I really feel about him and our relationship right from the start.

Chanyeol lent his place to me and became my "partner-in-crime" when he clearly told me he wanted me to act on my own.

Chanyeol being Chanyeol...

I turn the lamp on and place the letters on the table in front of me. I sit on the couch and hug my knees as I tap my fingers on my arms to ease myself.

Now, it's time to wait.

I've fallen asleep for a bit and woke up from the sound of the door opening. Right there, I freeze, listening to whoever's entering.

A girl asks with a trembling voice, "Do you want to do it here?"

My eyes widen as a whole scene starts playing in my mind after hearing that, and it's a theme not suitable for kids.

I hear a familiar voice tease, "I mean, you wouldn't want to do it in front of the boys, right?"

Baekhyun? I... What? Do what?

She asks, "But what if Chanyeol is here?"

"They've already gone to my place," he assures her.

My curiosity makes me want to listen in on their talk, so I go and sneak a peek. However, a wave of regret washes over me as I witness Baekhyun and the actress share a kiss on each other's lips. After they exchange glances and nods as though they can communicate without using words, I feel like someone is squeezing my chest.

A surprised gasp escapes me, so I quickly muffle my lips. But it was too late, as both of them had already learned that I was also in the same room as them. Z. Hera, being the girl, looks like she got caught in an affair.

"Taeyeon?" Baekhyun asks with knitted eyebrows.

As if someone is controlling my emotions, tears quickly well up in my eyes. Before they start rolling on my cheeks, I find my way to escape the room. I see the guys gathered by Baekhyun's doorframe upon opening the door. Their expressions display a mix of concern and confusion, but I can't dare to meet their eyes as if I've wronged them, despite knowing I haven't. At that moment, I stop fighting back my tears and let them show how hurt I am before running off the scene.

I never understood what writers meant when they said that the characters are "letting their feet lead them where they want to go" until today. I don't know where I'm going, but I know that I don't want to stop running.

I guess I can't think straight because I still have the urge to cross the road, in spite of the cars passing by, until a hand grips my wrist hard enough to make me look back.

"Are you crazy? Do you not see the cars on the road?"

I ignored whatever he said or whoever it was and fell to the cold ground before crying even harder. He takes his jacket off and wraps it around my shoulders. He's about to make me stand up by grabbing both my arms, but someone pushes him off and does it before he can.

"Are you okay?" It was the voice I used to love hearing now I wish I was deaf.

I look up only to find Baekhyun with Chanyeol and Junmyeon behind him, visibly out of breath from running. I use the back of my hand to wipe my cheeks then divert my eyes to the left, wanting to know who had saved me from the busy road.

It was Bambam. He smiles at me as if he doesn't want to give me any trouble.

"Let's go, Taeyeon," Baekhyun grabs my wrist, but I quickly pull away.

"I'm going with Bambam," I say before seizing Bambam's wrist and walking away.

I acted like I had my serenity back, but really, I haven't. I stop walking and look at Bambam, who still has a meek smile on his face. I ask shyly, "Where are we going?"

"Hmm..." he hums, seemingly considering where we should go. He asks me, "My house?"

I look around his house one more time because the last time I was here I couldn't. I suck in my teeth, "Feels like I'm here for the first time..."

He asks, "Do you know why?" I look at him as I wait for his answer. He chuckles, "There are no staff. It's just the two of us."

I quietly laugh, and I realize all he does is make me laugh. It's not that I hate it... there's just anxiety creeping in every time because I fear I'll break his heart like I did to Baekhyun.

He goes to the kitchen and prepares hot tea for us. Leaning on the countertop with his hands shoulder-length apart, he glances at me, "I told you my house looks better without the cameras and my crew."

I walk to the kitchen and take the cup of tea he prepared. He says, "It's chamomile tea from my hometown. It'll help you calm down and put you in a better sleep."

Right... It's getting late.

"I'll just finish this and go home," I smile and take a sip when he says something that makes me choke on my tea.

"Stay the night," he says with no ulterior motives in his words. He quickly reads that the room's atmosphere has changed, so he jokes, "I'll let you crash on the couch."

Without taking a joke, I contemplate if I should really stay the night in his house like he offered... just the two of us. My phone blows up at the same time, so I reach it from my back pocket to check.

Shit... Why am I always the breaking news's muse?

[Breaking News] Taeyeon, Baekhyun, and Bambam spotted in the streets of Hannam-dong... Love Triangle?

I sigh and turn my phone off after reading my girls' texts asking where I'm at and that I should be careful when going out. I look at Bambam, who's ever-so-carefree, and ask, "Are you really going to let me crash on the couch?"

He's taken aback by my question, but he replies, "I'm going to let you crash on my bed, not the couch. I'd rather sleep on the couch." There's a small pause before he can say, "Plus, there might be paparazzi outside, so it is safer for you to be here."

I didn't see him check his phone for him to say that, so I'm a bit confused about how he knew that I have once again become the talk of the nation.

He leans on the countertop even further with his arms now crossed and explains, "I could tell everything from your face." He whispers to himself, "See? I can be a decent partner..."

I let out a chuckle and also lean on the countertop, "I'm always the muse of all breaking news, would you still like me?"

He answers with no hesitation, "Just say yes to me."

-:-:-:-:-:-:

[Guys, I had a dream you boycotted my story because it's getting worse and too long... You guys were so nice about it though. 😭 I'm sorry! I started my classes at my university and it's been fvckin' hectic.]