Chapter 8 - Headlights on Dark Roads

Headlights show it all before me
So beautiful, so clear
I will reach out and take it
'cause I'm so tired of all this fear. "

'Headlights on Dark Roads' - Snow Patrol

************************************

James was sat in Emily's lounge messing about with his acoustic guitar and trying to progress with some of his song writing, his laptop set up in front on the coffee table and his notebook beside him on the couch.

Emily walked past him with a laundry hamper and made her way into the washroom to load the washing machine. James glanced up from scribbling something in his notebook as she passed by, his guitar balanced across his lap. As she moved past him something slipped from the hamper and landed on the rug, she didn't seem to notice.

He set his guitar down against the couch and pushed himself up and walked over to pick it up. It was some of her underwear, and something very racy at that. Smirking to himself he followed to where the sound of Emily humming to herself came from and found her loading the washing machine.

"Ermmm...you dropped something." He held out the red, lace thong to her with it dangling off of one of his fingers.

"I'm sorry. What did--." Emily stopped when she realised what he was holding and flushed brightly, quickly snatching it from his finger and tossing it in with the rest of the garments.

"You know. I'd much rather have had you model that for me." He smirked, moving a hand to brush her hip.

"Oh, would you now?" She raised an eyebrow at him, before turning away to measure out some detergent to put in with the laundry and slamming the washer/dryer lid shut.

"I would. Very much so." He reached out to hook a finger through one of the belt loops on her jeans and tugged at it to pull her closer to himself.

"Are you trying to distract me from my chores?"

"Maaaaybe." He tugged harder and she turned to face him.

Moving his hands to her hips he started to caress them with his thumbs. Emily let out a contented sigh and lifted her arms up to wrap them around his neck, running her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck. It was James's turn to let out a soft groan this time and Emily grinned at him.

She felt him press his hips firmly up against her and started to slowly thrust them, the hardness of his erection starting to form inside his pants and dig into her stomach.

The next thing she knew, he had lifted her up; his hands underneath her ass, set her down on top of the washer/dryer before leaning down and starting to attack her neck and collarbones with his mouth and teeth. She wound her fingers more tightly into his hair and tugged hard as he did so. Small whimpers escaping her mouth every now and then.

"You have such a kissable neck." He breathed into her ear, moving his hands up to detach hers from his hair and grasping them in his own, moving to position them above her head. There was a shelf above the washer/dryer and a bar that ran along the front of it. "I want you to grab a hold of the bar on the shelf behind you and don't let go unless I say you can." He told her firmly.

"Why? What are you going to do?" Emily questioned him looking a little worried, moving her hands to do what he had told her.

"You'll see." He grinned at her, placing his hands on the top of the washer/dryer and leaning in to catch her lips with his.

Emily narrowed her eyes at him.

"I won't hurt you, OK?" He nipped just under her ear causing Emily to let out a loud moan.