Chapter 11 | Fights

Thursday, 3 p

Thursday, 3 p.m.

It's been five days since I asked Blake to help me with the list. Five days since I discovered all of the contraband in Grant's room. I haven't been able to stop thinking about my arguments with Grant. I think I've been too harsh on him. I need to cut him some slack because I know that this can't be easy for him.

I'm trying my best to make everything as normal as possible.I went to school Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but didn't feel up for it today. Grant still checks up on me at school, being the caring brother that he's always been, but he doesn't say much. We just walk together and have small talk.

I want to ask him about his room but also don't want to risk him blowing up in the middle of the school day. We used to be able to tell each other everything, but ever since I got diagnosed, we haven't talked like we used to. I miss it. I miss talking to my brother.

I also miss talking to Elise. She would know how to handle this situation. She would know what to say to make me feel better.

Cancer ruins everything.

And to top it all off, I have an appointment with Dr. Khan this afternoon.

My mom told me enough is enough, and that we can't avoid the doctor forever, or it looks like child abuse. Once I turn eighteen, it won't be. I'll be an adult, capable of making my own decisions.

I'm not sure if I'll move out.

Who am I kidding?

I'll probably be gone by then.

Gone, as in dead.

I've come to terms with it.

I don't have anything to live for.

My parents will get over it, and it'll most likely make Grant stop this nonsense. Elise will find someone new to call her best friend and hopefully someone who loves her. The rest of my friends will move on, and tell their kids about the poor girl who got cancer and died their senior year. Blake will be shocked, but he will get over it as well. A year or so after I pass, everyone will come to terms with it, and they'll eventually forget about it. They'll forget about me.

And I'm okay with that

I've been thinking about it all day, and I realized that I haven't said my goodbyes to everyone. Well, maybe not goodbyes, but just letting people know how much they mean to me. It's something I need to do.

I realize that my appointment is in a few hours, and head to the bathroom to take a shower.

The hot water burns my exposed back.

It hurts, but I don't move.  I don't have the energy to move. I can feel my weak self slipping away.

I'm so tired.

My body aches.

I reach to turn off the water.

My legs give out, and I fall onto the floor of the shower.