Chapter 15 | Escape

How did she know I was here?

God, I hope he didn't go and tell her. Blake has no business getting involved in my personal life. I try to think about the best possible escape route.

There is no way to go.

If I try to make a run to the front door, they will see me. If I go back to the bedroom and sneak out the window, there is nowhere for me to go. I'm stuck. The only way out is straight through the eye of the hurricane.

Hopefully, my mom will keep herself in check, considering we are around other people. Knowing her, she's probably worried and upset with me. She is most likely going to try to take me to the hospital.

Great.

Now, what do I do?

Just as I turn around to get my phone from the room, I run into Blake who is standing right behind me.

"Hey stranger," I joke.

He looks me up and down until he finally meets my gaze.

There's not much to look at, so I don't know what he's doing.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yes," I respond.

"Good," He grumbles.

His eyebrows furrow and he walks towards the kitchen. There's that bad attitude I was waiting for.

I can never catch a break. Can I?

He doesn't want me here, and I don't want to be here. I might as well leave with my mom and deal with her lectures later. I go back to the room to get my phone and wallet. I hope she isn't too upset with me. Then again, it's kind of her fault since she and dad didn't even notice I was missing. They didn't even notice that Grant left the room.

I walk down the hallway fast. I'm ready to get out of here. As I'm about to step into the kitchen, I feel a pull on my shoulder. I groan in pain from the pull it has on my back. I look behind me and see Blake with his hand planted on my shoulder. The same spot where it was last night.

"What do you want?"

He grunts as he removes his hand and places it in the pocket of his grey sweatpants.

"What's your mom doing here?"

Why does he care?