Chapter 32 | Ruin - (Blake's POV)

Brynne helplessly falls into my arms after whispering something I can't understand

Something having to do with love?

The light weight of her body feels scary as I pick her up.

"HELP!" I yell for someone.

Stepping on the red roses, I rush out of Brynne's room, holding her tightly against my chest. The flowers crumple underneath my feet while I sprint across the hardwood floor.

My steps are quick and nimble while I make my way down the stairs at lightning speed, gripping her legs and shoulders closer to my body. Her spastic breathing pulsating on my neck causes me to hurry. She mumbles something incoherent, and I respond to her constraints,

"It's going to be okay, baby. I'm right here," I whisper into her ear.

She has cancer. Brynne has cancer.

How naïve could I have been not to see what was right in front of me? She's been sick for the past three months, and I dragged her along, knowing I was putting her in danger. But my temptation got the best of me, and I risked her life numerous times.

It's all my fault.

My soul crushes the longer I think about Brynne fighting this awful disease on her own. The thought of her alone and scared in a hospital bed sends pain into my heart.

Running down the stairs, I almost trip over a piece of paper, causing me to lose my speed.

"HELP!" I scream in desperation.

Footsteps near the staircase as I place Brynne down on the bare floor. The coloring of her face is flushed, and her breaths come every ten seconds or so. Placing my index and middle finger on her wrist, I search for a pulse while listening to her faint breathing.

It's there, I sigh.

It's faint, but it's there.

Mr. Foster comes into the room with a worried look on his face. He immediately rushes over to where I have laid her and pulls out his phone to call 911. His hand instinctively begins to tap her cheek and yell her name repeatedly.

My mind drowns out his loud voice as I stare at Brynne's lifeless body.

This isn't the first time I've seen her in this state.

When I found her in that dark room at the Spanish Mafia base, she was on the brink of death. Leaving that place, I almost thought she wasn't going to make it. Coming so close to losing her made me realize how much I truly care about her. I can't lose her.

Her soft cheeks and cute nose rest on her beautifully perfect skin. She is my dream girl, nothing less and everything more.

And she's sick.