Chapter 54 | Perfection

Play the song above while you read

"Where are we going?" I giggle as Blake leads me to his car in the pitch-black parking lot.

"You'll see," He smiles.

He managed to walk us past all security and doctors without anyone saying anything. After I noticed Krista's smiling face, I knew she had something to do with it.

I'll make sure to thank her when I get back.

His walk is slow, assuring I can keep up with his long legs and even longer steps.

"If you can't walk anymore," Blake explains tenderly, "just let me know."

I nod.

Surprisingly, I make it to his car without breaking a sweat. Who knows, maybe this chemo is working. I smile at the thought of getting out of this hospital for good. I hadn't thought about what I would do if I got better. How much schooling I would have to make up, and if they would even let me go to college.

"After you, mi amorina," Blake says after opening the passenger door of his car.

I smile and get in, unaware of anything that is going on. All Blake said was, "follow me," and he took me from my room and out of some side door of the staircase.

Before closing the door, his hand finds the seatbelt and pulls it across my chest. A quick forehead kiss is exchanged, and he silently shuts the car door, leaving me hot and bothered.

After Blake enters the car, he turns his keys in the ignition and pulls out of the Richmond Stare of the Art Hospital parking lot.

I can't remember the last time I left this place, I think to myself.

"What time is it?" I ask while looking out the window into the dimly lit streets and dark houses.

"It's ten," He says while placing his heavy hand on my thigh, keeping his other hand firmly on the wheel.

"There's nothing open at this time," I exclaim, "Where are you taking me?"

"Just trust me," He chuckles at my frustration.

I groan and slump back into my seat.

Looking at the outfit I'm wearing, I realize that we aren't going anywhere nice. If we were, Blake would've certainly told me in advance, giving me time to prepare and dress for the occasion.

My black leggings and oversized pink sweatshirt are not the prettiest of clothes, but at least I'm comfortable.

"Almost there," Blake gives my leg a slight squeeze, and my heart does a backflip.

I notice the area we are in and realize that it's close to one of the biggest lakes in Richmond.

Boat lake.