Chapter 30 | Reveal

"SKYDIVING?? YOU WENT SKYDIVING?" Elise explodes in shock

"Keep your voice down!" I whisper while giggling, "I don't want to wake up my parents."

Her mouth hangs to the floor as nail polish drips from the brush she is holding in her hand.

"Watch the polish!" I laugh and quickly get up to grab some paper towels.

"Sorry," She murmurs while bottling the paint, "But this is crazy. Who did you go with on this adventure? Or did you just fall to your death on your own?"

"First of all, there was a one percent chance that I would've died on that dive," I remark as I wipe the floor, "Second, it was just this guy from school."

"You're blushing!!" She squeals, "Who is this mysterious man?"

My cheeks heat as I attempt to explain this as vaguely as possible.

If Elise finds out that Blake is in the Mafia (and that is possible because she is extremely smart), she would never let me see him again, and she'd tell my parents. Also, I don't want her getting involved after what happened to me when I spent just one day with him.

"Ah, you wouldn't know him," I brush my hand through the cold air. The feeling of popcorn underneath my feet is not enjoyable, so I take a seat on my pink rolling chair in front of my vanity.

"Try me," She contests.

Elise has always been popular. I'm not sure whether it's because of her 'I Don't Give A Fuck' personality or because her mom is the principal, but she is basically the girl that everyone knows at Richmond Hill High School. She holds three of the school track school records and is the head cheerleader. Practically everyone in the city knows her, for God's sake.

"He's a quiet guy and doesn't have many friends. You've probably never seen him."

The look of disgust on her face is unreal.

"Relax, he's not a stoner or anything. He just keeps to himself," I explain.

My mind drifts to Blake shirtless. He keeps to himself and me.

"If you told me his damn name, maybe I would be able to tell you if he's a weirdo or not."

Throwing my head backward in annoyance, I stare at the bare ceiling. Elise nudges my thigh with her foot, and her freshly painted pink toenails catch my attention.

"Come on, tell me!" She pleads.

Sighing, I lift my head back up and give her a look of despair. She knows about the big fight Blake and Grant had years ago. And although I know she would never tell Grant, I also know she would never approve of me hanging out with Blake.

But I've already told her the biggest secret I have, so I might as well tell her to get it over with. Just the general things, I remind myself, no details.