Chapter 48 | Power

"After you," Blake offers as his arm extends

I stand in awe of the long and shiny limousine in front of me. The open door reveals leather seats and blue LED lights covering the interior.

I pick up the long train of my dress and try as best as I can to enter the car gracefully. I pick a seat towards the back of the limo, and Blake promptly follows.

Once I sit down, his eyes interlock with mine, and it sends my stomach into a whirl. God, he looks so handsome.

His full black suit is the epitome of Mafia boss sexiness, and with every move he makes, I catch myself admiring him even more.

"You look beautiful, Brynne." He states while keeping eye contact. I shrug as my face heats from his compliment.

"I mean it," His thumb brushes the bottom of my chin. I lift my face to stare into his crystal blue eyes. If only I could live in the moment forever, then maybe life wouldn't be so cruel.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I smile.

He throws his back into the leather seat with a playful smile crawling upon his face. Blake closes his eyes and bites the inside of his left cheek.

"You okay?" I raise my eyebrows and press my lips.

"Yeah, it's just really hard not to kiss you right now." His eyes trace the lining where the dress meets my breasts.

"And what's preventing you from doing just that?" I question seductively.

His teeth break through in a mischievous smile, and I anticipate his next words.

"The problem is," He says as he leans in, "If I kissed you, I don't think I'd be able to stop."

I try to keep my composure as he slowly slides his hand onto my thigh, but he doesn't know that my heart is beating at a hundred miles a minute.

I take a deep breath and shut my eyes.

"Stop," I smile in pleasure.

His hand stays in the same place it's been for the last minute.

The car begins to move, and this only seems to lure us further into the temptations of our desires. I scoot closer to Blake as his arm finds its way around my shoulders.

I can feel myself growing tired but quickly snap out of it. My mind is fighting against my own will, and it frustrates me.

Come on, Brynne, try and stay awake for tonight.

My eyes travel to the blackened windows as I try to decipher our location. I don't recognize this part of town because the houses are ginormous, and the landscaping is beautiful. Almost every property looks to be its little castle.

"Wow," I whispered under my breath.

Blake shifts in his seat, and I am unsure of his reaction. His eyes stay on me while I continue to look out the window. A couple of times, I catch his hand brushing against the small of my back, where the dress swoops down. His finger feels smooth as it rubs my bare skin.