↳ 3.02

lioness

July 21st, 1994

LIFE BEFORE THE exam results were out was great, as usual.

Her Father's presence and his gathering preparation did hinder Daisy from visiting the Burrow often, but she managed to come over at least once every week and enjoyed some quality time with her favorite set of siblings.

Sometimes she had girl talks with Ginny —who had gained some 'handsome but short' and 'charming but a bit slow' and 'snobbishly smart' admirers at school, but don't tell any of her brothers that— squealing while hugging their pillows. She was definitely still smitten by Harry Potter, though.

Sometimes she spent the afternoon just sitting in Percy's room, listening to him ramble on about his application to the Ministry of Magic, which had been thoroughly prepared, checked by his parents and older brothers, and will be personally sent by Percy himself once his N.E.W.T.s owl arrive. He was very excited, and he couldn't stop studying things he didn't even need to study, because 'knowing more things, be it relevant or not, is still a plus point'.

Sometimes she reread the books she got from Hermione on the ground as the four youngest Weasleys played a two versus two Quidditch. Sometimes she acted as the referee, and sometimes the twins or Ron made her ride along with them.

Most times she helped the twins with their joke shop preparation in their bedroom. They began collecting their previous inventions, making new ones, drafting fill-out order forms...

At first, Daisy was bewildered by their bizzare and, quite frankly, reckless decision. She was tempted to challenge them, but she didn't want to turn into her father. That was exactly what Mr. Allen had been doing.

Mrs. Weasley was happy about her lively house.

Mr. Weasley was still endearingly funny.

They had promised their children good tickets to the World Cup as rewards for their hard work last school year.

Things took a turn for the worse nearing the end of July, though.

"Fred? George?"

The twins, Daisy, Ginny, and Ron looked up from their game of Exploding Snap on the dining table. It was rare for Mrs. Weasley to call her sons in a tone that... dangerously soft.

"I was cleaning your room and I found... What is—" Daisy watched Mrs. Weasley came out of the twins' room with a paper in hand and a confused look etched on her weary face, and the former's eyes widened in recognition, "What is this? Weasleys'... Wizard Wheezes."

"M— Mum!" George immediately stood up, paling, "That's nothing! Really."

"Yeah, rubbish!" Fred added, chuckling dryly. He sent George signals with facial contortions to go on upstairs and get the papers out of their mother's reach, but George simply returned the look. None of them dared to stand too close to her upcoming wrath.

"Fake wands? Trick sweets, Ton-Tongue Toffee, Nosebleed... Nougats? Love Potion... What—" Mrs. Weasley's words halted at the tip of her tongue, and she swallowed, "Somebody explain to me what this is."

"It's... Uh, our inventions, Mum," Fred dared to speak. "George and I decided to open a joke shop. For once our mischief is directed to something useful and profitable, so, yay...?"