↳ 4.6

reunion pt. 1

December 25th, 1995

DAISY COULDN'T BREATHE.

Her vision was tunneling and she was swimming in and out of consciousness. She could hear her heart beat and blood rushing in her ears, incessant loud ringing, and the echoing sound of her father screaming "How could you?! And in front of so many others, not talking to me first! And Vincent DeVere! That woman Sloan, what did she brainwash you with?!" were imprinted in her mind.

Also, she couldn't breathe. Had she already say that?

Or hadn't she?

She heard something or someone breaking down the door, and her eyes closed... She wanted to sleep, just for a moment here.

But then she felt, faintly, her shoulder shaken by force. Her ears caught something like 'By God, what have you done?' and 'Young Miss Jane! Daisy!' but it was completely muffled, like she was six feet deep underwater.

She saw a hint of red and she smiled, thinking it was definitely one of the Weasleys. Fred, maybe, being her wizard in shining armor. Saving her.

'Hang on, I'm calling the police.'

'Vincent, this is not what you'

'Sir, I'm calling the police! And an ambulance!'

Daisy felt like flying... Like she was back, mounted on Fred's old broom while apples were thrown around in place of Quaffles, and she felt free... She felt free, but she couldn't breathe. She couldn't— she couldn't breathe...

Jane...

JANE.

"JANE!"

She took a sharp intake of breath and saw her two best friends, looking down at her. Lucy was crying, while Vincent seemed frightened and pale, a phone stuck to his ear. Something gave a loud pop sound and Lucy screamed, whimpering.

And Daisy fell asleep.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿