↳ 4.19

March 16th, 1996

THE WEASLEY PARENTS popped up that afternoon with a delightful surprise in tow.

"Hello Daisy, Sirius, Remus, Tonks," Mr. Weasley greeted them one by one as he made his way into the kitchen, his orange robe sweeping the floor.

"Arthur!" Tonks exclaimed, "Come in. Is Molly with you?"

"Yes, and someone else." Mr. Weasley sat down on a vacant chair. Daisy went over to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek, just as two others walked in.

"Someone else? Is it Bill—"

Daisy turned around, and her shoulders were immediately gripped by two strong hands.

"Charlie!" Daisy exclaimed.

"Godric, it's been too long! How are you feelin'? Have you recuperated?" Charlie muttered, "Bugger, I should've hexed your Dad to oblivion when I had the chance

"Godric, it's been too long! How are you feelin'? Have you recuperated?" Charlie muttered, "Bugger, I should've hexed your Dad to oblivion when I had the chance."

"Good, and it's really good to see you," Daisy chuckled, hugging and patting his back, "How are you?"

"I'm grand. Just been busy about, y'know, dragons and Order stuffs. I'm so sorry, I'm visiting too late."

"You heard about... what happened to me last Christmas, didn't you?" Daisy grimaced.

"I'd be mad if no one told me. You're family."

"Bill's been coming home late. Today, too," Mrs. Weasley said thoughtfully, her eyebrows tightly furrowed in concern (because she didn't know by then that Bill was late not because he had too much work, but because he was courting some gorgeous mademoiselle).

Charlie exchanged hellos and hugs and back pats with everyone else in the room before they continued chatting.

"Bill was absolutely furious. The same night he rescued you with Mum and Moody, he literally shook my cave, yelling creative profanities through the fireplace."

"Really, I'm well now."

"And your lungs? I heard they were, failing or something?"

"It's been three months now, so it's healed. I'm exercising, too. It helps with the recovery."

"Right! Now that you mention it, you look different." Charlie pushed his chair back with a loud screech, then rubbed his chin in a thinking manner. "You look... lean. A little toned? Ah, I know. For once, you don't look like you're dressed for a formal party."