↳ 4.24

weasley is our king

April 29th, 1996

EVEN WITH ORDER members' assurance that none of her youngest or Harry or Hermione were put in a tight spot after the twins' abrupt and rebellious departure, Mrs. Weasley was still over-the-top worried. Especially since every owl she sent always came back within a day, her letter still tied to its claw. Higher screening security by Umbridge, perhaps.

She would suddenly stop knitting or whisking batter or cleaning, then sighed heavily and wondered aloud if she should just made Ron and Ginny drop out of school.

"'S probably fine, Mum," Fred interjected one night after dinner, "We didn't leave them alone, technically, we gave them a guardian."

Tonks snorted, "Yeah, Peeves."

Remus and Daisy chuckled.

"Shall I remind you what Minerva said last night, Molly?" Sirius pushed a cup of hot tea in her direction, "Your sons inventions are running rampant, the swamp now filled the entire corridor, Umbridge is being pranked left and right... Kids are even saying that they might pull a Weasley!"

"Pull a Weasley!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed mockingly, "You see, my other kids have no problem whatsoever with finishing school and passing N.E.W.T.s. They were Prefects, Head Boys even! But because of these two, pull a Weasley means quite the opposite. Our family name, tarnished! Bill was the best graduate in his year, and Charlie, and Per— P— Pe— Per—"

Once speechless, she maneuvered the conversation back to the only unanswered question. "How did you two get enough money for your store, huh? Why couldn't you tell me?"

"We told you, Mum, for the thousandth times!" George threw his hands up in the air in exaggerated defeat. Fred continued, "It's our business profit!"

Mrs. Weasley squinted her eyes in scrutiny, "I still don't buy it. Honestly."

She was right, though. It was mainly Harry's Triwizard's winning from last year. Mothers just magically knew everything.

Crossing her arms together, she said, "I'll ask Ronald, once I can get in touch with him. Did you do something illegal?"

Fred and George gasped, "Such accusations!"

"Very trusting, Mum."

"We're officially offended."

"And we should head back to the store. Fred."

"Right."

Oh, here's the quick recap, minus gruesome details of the whole 'move in' controversy.

Daisy politely declined.

She would be forbidden from roaming around the place, anyway. Confined in the second floor where Fred and George lived without anyone to talk to during business hours.

At least there was another jobless bum accompanying her all day here.

Plus, she was going to move out to her dormitory in three months. It would be too much of a hassle to pack, unpack, then pack and unpack again.