↳ 3.13

snow, gala, and ball pt. 1

December 20th, 1994

Dear FGW and GFW,

My Father will be home in two days and he's planning to stay until after New Year, so I'm sending your presents in advance. Percy refused to come to Hogwarts with more baggage than he initially has to carry.

Merry Christmas! I sincerely hope you have a wonderful time in Hogwarts, especially with the Yule Ball ahead. I hope you'll find a time to tell me all about your adventures soon.

I'll send you a letter once I'm able to pay your parents a visit once more.

Sincerely,
DJA

Fred and George looked up from their letter and looked at Hermione and Ginny, who were each holding parchment bearing letters thrice as long as theirs. The latter asked, "Hey, what did she say? How come our letter is shorter than yours?"

"Let me see, let me see!" Ginny said, completely ignoring her brothers, digging into Hermione's envelope, "She said the picture is in yours!"

"What picture?" Ron asked.

"Wait a minute, let me finish reading first," Hermione said, completely ignoring Ron, too.

Ginny looked at the photo of Daisy's finished project and cheered. "She did it! Look!"

Hermione took a look at it and cheered, too.

"What is it?"

"No, it's a secret," Ginny said, hiding the photo behind her back, "Come on, Hermione. So, she told me, about the dress— I should pair it with the emerald ribbon she gave me on my birthday, and as for yours—"

The twins looked at the girls retreating figure and bowed their heads.

"I mean," George began, "It does hurt more if you don't tell me anything anymore than being jealous of whatever fun things you do without me."

"Yeah..." Fred nodded in agreement.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

December 22nd, 1994