↳ 5.1

the prodigal son

A/N:
Sorry for intruding your day —probably not the kind of update you guys are expecting HAHA!

So, maybe most of you don't follow me, but I'm... a bit in need of motivation and a bit curious. I'd like to try something: 10K votes for the next chapter?

Don't hesitate to drop in comments, too, guys! I read everything and I'd love to see how you react to the plot. Have a nice day!

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

July 15th, 1996

NOW THAT HER father had returned from his business trip to China, Daisy finally fulfilled her promise to pay her home in Devon a visit

NOW THAT HER father had returned from his business trip to China, Daisy finally fulfilled her promise to pay her home in Devon a visit. She had been staying for a little over a week now, pleasantly.

More than pleasant, it was getting comfortable.

Especially now with the Burrow so lively —Hermione, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Bill, and even Fleur were occupying the space. Fred and George dropped by on some evenings, too.

She felt like a little girl once more, skipping over tree roots and rocks to pay her neighbour a secret visit.

Sirius would be offended if she suggested to stay, though.

Last week, her peers and servants had welcomed her with a gorgeous cake, an enormous healthy feast, and lovely imported gifts. Her father gave her weeks-supply of Chinese chicken herbal soup and bird's nest, Chinese books about anything from Confucius to business, and some oriental dresses to add to her enormous collection. They were still keeping their distance, but she had forgiven him enough to give him a sincere hug now.

Of course, Daisy warned Mr. Allen that she might reflexively punch back if he laid a hand on her.

Today, she was supposed to have an afternoon tea at Dominic's house, for old time's sake.

Daisy put on a calf-length, light lavender colored dress. She put on a decent amount of make-up, braided the top-half of her hair, curled the ones flowing down her breast, and finished her hairdo with the ribbon she got from Fred. The black ribbon contrasted well with her golden locks.

Being cooped up in Grimmauld Place with so little time permitted to explore the world outside had diminished her will to doll up. It had been a while since she found the opportunity to do so.

"Beautiful, Young Miss. As always."

"Lucy!" Daisy said, "Dominic requested your presence, too, did you know?"

"Oh, I know you are very humble and welcoming, but it doesn't sit well for some that this poor children of a maid is having tea with Young Masters and Misses," Lucy said, sighing, "My Mum included."