↳ 1.05

platform 9 3/4

September 1st, 1992

DAISY KNEW BY heart that running late was one of the Weasleys' habit

DAISY KNEW BY heart that running late was one of the Weasleys' habit. But, here, eight years later, she still couldn't help feeling agitated over their leniency. Daisy sat up straight and kept her eyes glued to the road, even though being late or not wouldn't do her any justice. She wasn't the one who would be in trouble if Hogwarts Express left without them.

They reached King's Cross at a quarter to eleven. Mr. Weasley dashed across the road to get trolleys for their trunks and they all hurried into the station.

Percy went first through the barrier per his mother's instruction. Daisy looked nervously at the clock overhead, which showed that they had only five minutes to casually disappear.

"Keep it cool, Dee," Fred said to her cheekily when it was their turn.

"How are you so composed?" Daisy scolded. They both jogged straight into the wall, through some form of black abyss, then into the magical platform. George followed. "You know I hate tardiness."

"Five minutes is a very long time. Especially when you're sleeping."

Briskly, they slipped through the remaining crowd of parents, siblings, and friends. Percy was taking his trunk from the pile when they arrived.

"Bye, Dee-dee." He gave her a quick brotherly hug, then his father, then Mrs. Weasley who just arrived with Ginny.

"Go on now," the mother urged hurriedly.

"Alright, we have to hurry. Bye!" George hugged her first, then Fred. The latter kept his gaze steady on hers as he said in all seriousness (something truly scarce), "Write me when your father gets back."

"Okay."

"I mean it."

"I will!" Daisy exclaimed. She pulled him into a side embrace, "I promise. Go, before you get into trouble."

After that, Ginny gave her a very, very long goodbye hug.

Mrs. Weasley fussed over her youngest, then over her twin sons for not helping their little sister with her trunk. Fred and George carried it in, saying, "This is so heavy! Gin, did you bring your whole room?" and Ginny scurried after them with flushed face.

Mr. Weasley glanced around, "Where are Harry and Ron?"

"They were supposed to go after me," Mrs. Weasley said. Her hand were still waving rhythmically, but she craned her head to scan the crowded platform, too.

"I can't see them anywhere," Daisy said.

The train whistled loudly, signaling its departure, and it began to move. Daisy caught sight of the twins leaning half of their bodies out of the window and she shouted, "Have a good year! Bye-bye!"