↳ 3.12

again, the fun stuff

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

November 10th, 1994

IT KIND OF disturbed Daisy, how none of the Weasley boys write her letters anymore.

The twins still did occasionally, but they weren't very informative. They used to tell her even the smallest pranks they managed to pull.

She had to find out about Harry being Hogwarts' champion alongside Cedric Diggory from Percy's Ministry intel, about Ron's feud with Harry from Ginny (who also poured her heart out about Harry having a crush on a Ravenclaw senior named Cho Chang), about Viktor Krum (who apparently visited the Hogwarts library quite frequently) as well as the twins' prank sales from Hermione, and the First Task happening in two weeks through Charlie.

Nothing fun happened at home, too.

Her Father had returned to warm his bed for two weeks, then off he was again to Australia.

Nothing...

Nothing fun...

Everything was a bore...

The top of her head was suddenly tapped very lightly with a copy of Spectral Methods Algorithms, Analysis and Applications. She flinched and reflexively sat up straighter.

"I've been calling your name fifteen times, Jane," Mrs. Sloan scolded, "Where's your head at again?"

"Nowhere, Ms. Sloan."

The teacher took the seat across from hers, "You can tell me anything. You know that, right?"

"Yes," Daisy said, pausing. "It's somewhere, actually. I've been having a thought."

"Yes?"

"My life, my humdrum routine. I've been made aware of how monotonous and prosaic they are."

"Oh?" Ms. Sloan leaned back in her chair, "And why do you think so?"

"It has the same sequence everyday. Homeschool, housework, homework, occasional tea with my travelling neighbors, reading, maybe some walk to the nearest park, then sleep. I very rarely travel out of this town," she pouted, "Someone told me that I can make dull things interesting, but I can't. Or at least, not anymore."

"You can, you just haven't been doing it," the teacher began, "You can be bored of the most interesting things and be interested in the most boring things. Isaac Newton generated the theory of gravity just because of a falling apple. There's a whole branch of science dedicated to study rocks. And I'm sure you cannot know the deepest depth of Devon's subculture and law even if you're stuck here all your life."