↳ 4.16

mundungus' gifts pt. 1

A/N:
Hey! Been quite awhile. Sorry for the attack of edits —I messed up Daisy's birthday and I can't wait to fix the storyline. As a gift, here's a new chapter!

I haven't had the time to add GIFs in this and the last few chapters, sorry! Hope you readers still love the story despite lacking visual appeal HAHAHA

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

February 13th, 1996

SIRIUS SLAMMED THE attic door open and placed his hands on his hips, "Alright, young lady, that's it. You've been cooped up in here for two weeks, and when you get down you're covered in sweat and tiny cuts all over your hand and I've been calling your name nonstop— what the bloody hell is this thing?!"

"Oh," Daisy huffed, reappearing from behind a seven-foot wire frame. "My science project."

"Science?" Sirius remarked curiously, stepping deeper into the room. "What can this do?"

"I'm still fine-tuning this— equipment. It should be working now..."

"Where did you even get—"

"Don't touch it!" Daisy cried out, then added hastily out of manner, "Please!"

Sirius, who already had a finger placed on the metallic contraption, halted with wide eyes like a deer caught in headlights.

He backed away in a very slow motion.

"Thank you," Daisy curtsied slightly in a playful manner.

"You know you're getting cheekier each day."

"I learn from the best," she said, grinning and obviously referring to her housemate.

"See!" Sirius exclaimed, "So, where did you even get all these... this?"

"Here and there. I never left the house, I promise," Daisy said. "Kreacher helps."

After Sirius yelled 'Get out!' at it before New Year, Kreacher disappeared from Grimmauld Place for two weeks or so. Sirius had to call out its name for nearly half an hour before it finally returned, saying that Sirius didn't really state where it should 'get out' of so it took the chance to get out of the suffocating house entirely.

Kreacher was then forbidden to leave the premises due to its knowledge regarding the Order, and it complied. Of course, followed by a string of creatively woven insult to its Master.

Since then, it... Well, it never really helped with the cleaning. Daisy and Sirius would occassionaly caught sight of it, brooding in one dark corner or sneaking stuffs into its nest, somewhere in the basement.

At first, Kreacher wouldn't take any instruction from Daisy. It just muttered profusely about her blood status. But then Sirius blew up angrily at it and told it that Daisy was practically his niece. She was a Mistress here as much as he was the house's Master.

So when Daisy needed wires, solar panels, and random accessories for this project of hers, Kreacher obliged ("Of course, Young Miss— Kreacher cannot understand how Master can see this girl as his niece, no, and oh the shame of it, she keeps on moving things around, my poor Mistress' things, my Mistress' legacy—"). Daisy didn't know and didn't want to know where it managed to get Muggle electrical equipments.