↳ 4.7

reunion pt. 2

December 27th, 1995

AGAIN, WITH THE sickening feeling

AGAIN, WITH THE sickening feeling. Everyone was getting fed up with it, but then again, they were in the middle of war.

Some might say that peace was the opposite of war, so it would be logically unattainable in times like this.

Some with ethereal wisdom like Dumbledore might say that peace was a state of mind, thus completely isolated from one's state of life.

Whatever the truth was —in the twins' principle of life, it would be the second— peace was so far away from sight and mind at the thought of Daisy, lying in pain on her bed.

Lupin promised the children that the adults were taking care of Daisy's extraction, so he made them stay in their room and get some rest. But by the incessant thuds from the boys' bedroom and the creaks from the girls' bedroom, Fred and George knew none of them could really sleep that night.

A series of light knocks caught their attention at fifteen after midnight. George, being the closest to the door, immediately wrung it open, only to reveal Ron with his eyes as wide as a pair of saucers and finger pressed onto his pouting lips.

Harry appeared behind him, whispering, "C'mere! Quickly!"

The twins hurriedly tiptoed out of their room and joined Ginny and Hermione, sprawled on the floor, leaning to take a look downstairs against the railing.

"Bill's here," Ginny whispered, "He said the letter's been tested to be jinx-free. Pure Muggle ink."

"What else—"

"Ssssh..."

Vaguely, but still quite audibly, they could heard the faint conversation happening on the first floor.

"...dore said yes. He seems fine with the idea of her staying."

"...Polyjuice Potion? ...should test her later, safety precaution..."

"...if she's unconscious? And we've got no Healer in the Order."

"Bill knows... Molly and Remus, too..."

"Should I take the Extendable Ear?" Fred whispered. Hermione shook her head no and said, "We shouldn't let them know we're awake."

Footsteps were heard and under the dim lighting, Mrs. Weasley and Bill walked out of the kitchen, looking sharp and ready for travel. Sirius and Lupin followed, though they didn't have their coats on.