↳ 4.9

what's next

A/N:
Well, would you look at that! 70k reads, thank you!

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

December 28th, 1995

"I CAN SEE why you took her in, Molly," Remus said

Sirius nodded in agreement, "Muggles can be horrifying, too."

"What kind of a father..."

Sirius sighed. The event made him recall unwanted memories of his childhood, when he too became a victim of his parents' violence and supremacist ideology. Daisy came from a Muggle family and he came from an anti-Muggle one, but the two were like two peas from one same pod.

Robbed of their freedom to choose their stand and be who they wanted to be.

Running away at the age of sixteen. Saved by their best friends.

He turned to look at Daisy, laughing as she sat by the dining table, surrounded by Ginny, Hermione, Harry, and Ron, while the seventeen-year-old twins performed a series of simple magic tricks. He noticed how she winced every once in a while and tried to hide it from her peers.

"Wotcher."

Tonks, in all her half-pink-half-purple hair glory, walked into the room and headed immediately for Mrs. Weasley's batter on the table. "Wow, this looks delicious!"

"Tonks! What are you doing here?"

"There's a party, right?"

"Dinner party!"

"Nah, I'm kidding," Tonks said, "Moody sent me to take some documents from upstairs. Hello, Sirius. Remus."

Sirius immediately returned the loud hello while Lupin's was something between a murmur and an incomprehensible mumble.

"Is that the Flower girl?" Tonks said, gesturing with her chin.

"Oh, shall I introduce you two?" Mrs. Weasley said, patting her palms against her apron to clean them, "I'm getting old! Preparing a feast for twelve people is starting to get exhausting! Daisy usually helps at the Burrow, but she's in no condition..."

"Later's fine, at dinner. I have to hurry, anyway," Tonks shrugged. "Are you coming to get Arthur yourself?"

"No, no, I'm gonna be stuck here in the kitchen. Bill is taking care of the discharge."

"Alright," Tonks took one last dip in the delicious sauce and licked her finger clean, "Godspeed! I better go —bye, people. Bye, Remus!"

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿