↳ 4.17

mundungus' gift pt. 2

February 14th, 1996

WHEN TONKS RETURNED to the dining room after getting the documents Moody requested, Sirius and Remus were engaged in a ferocious whispering battle as Daisy wordlessly looked at them with wide eyes. She just stood there, stoned, petrified by something.

Their bicker immediately died down when Tonks reentered, though they still slapped, kicked, and hit each other under the table.

"I gotta..." Tonks pointed to the back of the room, then walked over to take the bag Hestia had left behind during their last Order Meeting. "I have to go to work now. Bye!"

"Here, Tonks!" Remus suddenly shot up on his seat. He had in his outstretched hand a lunch box. "It's chocolate. Daisy made too much."

"Oh, thanks!" Tonks accepted happily, "Happy Valentine's Day."

Remus returned the smile. "Happy Valentine's Day."

With a final nod, Tonks turned around and leave the dining room.

However, Tonks, being Tonks, stumbled over her own foot and nearly dropped everything she had in her hands. "Bugger," she muttered, taking her time to rearranged her stuffs.

It seemed like the other three thought that she had left, and faintly, she could hear Daisy exclaimed, "You like Tonks?!" from the other side of the door.

Her heart swelled and she pumped her fist into the air.

Yes!

She had a chance, after all.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

February 14th, 1996

AN UNFAMILIAR OWL surprised the Grimmauld trio by flying in, pooping a letter onto Daisy's lap, then landed on Sirius' hand, nipping his finger to ask for treat.

"What— Whose owl is this? Ow!"

Remus took the initiative to stand up and take a box of bird snacks kept in one of the cupboards. As he poured some into his hand, he said, "Is the letter yours, Daisy?"

"I think so," Daisy said, flipping the thick envelope. There were only two letters, D.A., scribbled messily on one corner. It became more suspicious when she found only an empty parchment in the envelope.

As she lifted it to eye level, though, a small note fell down to the floor.

Daisy,

Fred Weasley arranged this to communicate privately with you. Write, and your sentence will appear for ten seconds on its counterpart.

No one should know.

M. F.

"Do you happen to know anyone— with the initial M.F.?" Daisy asked.

"Ah," Sirius snapped his finger, "That girl you snogged while intoxicated in our Sixth Year, Moony. Who was it —Mackenzie Fisher."

"You spiked my drink!" Remus exclaimed defensively.

"Who else?" Daisy asked, definitely knowing that it was not Mackenzie Fisher.