↳ 3.9

top box

August 25th, 1994

"I HAVE TO say, Daisy is so not herself today."

Charlie nodded, crossing his hands across his chest, "Remember Diagon Alley?"

"Of course," Bill said, nodding his head, "Back then we could still tame her."

"She used to be so... dignified," Percy added in, "So composed."

"Come on, Perce, that's just how she was brought up."

"She's just a girl. A little, fifteen-year old girl."

"Yeah," the tips of Percy's lips lifted up. He couldn't help it. "I know."

Bill slapped his shoulder lightly with a similar smile, "Come on. We should stop her now."

By dusk, the Ministry finally bowed to the inevitable and stopped fighting the signs of blatant magic now breaking out everywhere.

Salesmen were Apparating every few feet, carrying trays and pushing carts full of extraordinary merchandise. Except one poor guy, who couldn't go anywhere because Daisy was hogging the entire cart to herself.

"Come on, George! Are you sure you don't want anything anymore? Just pick them out, will you? I will pay for everything— Fred, what about these? I'm sorry, kind sir, what can these do?"

"Oh, it's omnioculars!" the saleswizard said eagerly. "You can replay action, slow everything down... and they flash up play-by-play breakdown if you need it. Twelve Galleons each."

"O— okay, that is enough," Charlie slid between Daisy and the cart, holding a hand out as a fence, "You do not need that much merch, Dais. Put half of them down— nope, three-quarter of them down."

"But, Charlie—"

"No buts, young lady," Bill interfered, taking out a dancing miniature Quidditch player, "Here. Do you even know who this guy is?"

Daisy sighed, "No..."

"Exactly."

She stood on her tiptoes and whispered to his ears, "But I want to know how this toy works. Is it powered by battery?"

Bill chuckled, "You know the answer, sweetheart."

Daisy's lips formed a large O. She mouthed, "Magic."

"Bingo. Now pick three things. Five maximum."

"Six," Daisy negotiated, "For us three."

"Deal."

Clearly, the saleswizard wasn't happy with that.

Ginny bragged about her purchase to Daisy as they walked back to the tent. She placed green rosettes on her brothers' chests, then offered to paint green strokes on Daisy's cheeks, which she kindly refused.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione were already waiting with their choice of merchandise in hands when they arrived. Mr. Weasley was carrying an Irish flag himself.

"There you are! Where have you all been?" he said.

"We had to peel Daisy off a merch cart, Dad. She was absolutely out of control."

Daisy smiled sheepishly, "I apologize, Mr. Weasley."

"It's alright, dear. You're right on time. Here, wear this. It's got protective charms imbued into it," Mr. Weasley handed a scarf over to Daisy, which she gladly took and tied fashionably around her neck.

Suddenly, a deep, booming gong sounded somewhere beyond the woods, and at once, green and red lanterns blazed into life in the trees, lighting a path to the field.