↳ 4.26

when war starts to feel like war pt. 2

June 18th, 1996

RON NEVER REGRETTED befriending Harry Potter on his first day, because, you know, he would rather be in the center of all big things happening than getting through school, bored day by day, only to found out about them at the end of school year

But boy, did this friendship cost so much.

Ron looked around as he and the others walked towards the Forbidden Forest to run after Hermione and Harry, who had to loose Professor Umbridge in there somehow. All of them looked a little the worse for wear —there were several long scratches running the length of Ginny's cheek, a large purple lump was swelling above Neville's right eye, and a plethora of bruise had appeared on Luna's pale cheek.

He was in no better condition himself. His lip wouldn't stop bleeding.

"There they are!" Ginny exclaimed, pointing towards two shadows moving towards them.

"Well, we can't do anything without wands," they could hear Hermione spoke once they got closer, "Anyway, Harry, how exactly were you planning to get all the way to London?"

"Yeah, we were just wondering that," Ron said to announce their presence. He pushed aside a low-hanging branch and held out Harry's wand for him to take, "Had any ideas?"

"How did you get away?" asked Harry in amazement as Hermione gratefully took her retrieved wand from Ginny as well.

"Couple of Stunners, a Disarming Charm... Neville brought off a really nice little Impediment Jinx. But Ginny was best. She got Malfoy —Bat-Bogey Hex— it was superb! His whole face was covered in the great flapping things. Anyway, Harry, what did you find out in the fire? Has You-Know-Who got Sirius or—"

"Yes," Harry said as his scar gave another painful prickle, "and I'm sure Sirius is still alive but I can't see how we're going to get there to help him."

They all fell silent, looking rather scared. The problem facing them seemed insurmountable.

"Well, we'll have to fly, won't we?" quipped Luna.

"Okay," said Harry irritably, rounding on her, "First of all, we aren't doing anything if you're including yourself in that, and second of all, Ron's the only one with a broomstick that isn't being guarded by a security troll, so—"

"I've got a broom!" said Ginny.

"Yeah, but you're not coming," said Ron angrily.