↳ 1.06

slow, boring devon

September 4th, 1992

To my royal highness DJA,

How are you? I heard you haven't been feeling well after Apparating with Dad. Was it that bad? How was it?

That is so cool, Dee! George and I've never even Apparated before! You have to tell us all about it in your next letter.

We heard Mum's speech yesterday. The whole school did, actually. It exploded during breakfast, right in the Great Hall, and it was hilarious. We didn't know if we should be laughing, terrified, or surprised. Ron looked like he was about to burst into tears and Harry looked like a guilty puppy.

Honestly, don't tell Mum, but I totally get their idea. It was brilliant, flying Dad's car here!

Oh, one more thing. Gilderoy Lockhart turns out to be a bigger pain in the ass than I imagined. You know, in our first class, he gave us fifty-four numbered quiz all about himself. What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color? What is Gilderoy Lockhart's secret ambition? When is Gilderoy Lockhart's birthday, and what would his ideal gift be? The real question is WHO CARES?

Lucky you, not being here!

By the way, Percy, George and I want to know how Mum and Dad are doing. Is Ron's flying car thing a really big deal? Will they be okay? They won't tell us anything. Please keep us posted. Love you!

Yours truly,
FGW

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

September 11th, 1992

Dear FGW,

And Percy and George.

Yes, I'm perfectly well. Apparition feels just like travelling with Floo powder or Portkey, but intensified. And I was just a little dizzy. It's... hard to describe. Instead of hearing it from me, why don't you ask your parents to experience side-along Apparition yourself?

Did Ronald and Harry get in trouble? Are they in some sort of probationary period? Are they well? I heard from your Mum that they crashed into the huge, enchanted tree and got punched around.

Trust me, Mrs. Weasley is more concerned that angered. She doesn't really care about the car (I think she's been looking for ways to get rid of it, actually), or the fact that seven Muggles spotted it flying. She keeps on repeating, "As long as Ron and Harry are alive."