Chapter 42 - Shocked

I flushed the toilet again and wiped away the sweat that formed on my forehead. It was the second time I threw up that morning and like I was feeling right now, it probably wasn’t the last. 

This was the second morning I had thrown up.

I took a deep breath and reached over to the sink, where my phone was lying. I swallowed, dialing Neymar’s numer and luck was by my side, as he answered after the second ring. 

'Megan, honey?’ 

'I feel bad.’ I said with a shaky voice. I could hear his breath being a little unsteady. 'What’s wrong then?’ I swallowed as I rested the back of my head against the bathroom wall.

'I’ve thrown up twice and I’m feeling like hell.’ I could hear him take a deep breath. 'I’ll be home soon.’ I frowned.

'No, you stay there!’ Suddenly remembering that he had to train for the game against Real Madrid in a few days. 'I’ll call Ariana.’ I said as I got up and frowned. I laid a hand on my belly and looked in the mirror. 'Meg, are you sure?’ I nodded, then remembering he couldn’t see me. 'Yes, Neymar. I’ll call you as soon as I’m back from the doctor.’ I could hear someone yell his name and rolled my eyes. 

They couldn’t even leave him alone for two minutes. 'Okay babe, I love you.’ Was the last that I heard before he hung up on me. I rolled my eyes as I walked downstairs. I dialed Ariana’s number that I knew by heart and patiently waited until she picked up her phone.

'Hey Ari..’ I said as soon as Ariana picked up the phone. 'Megan! It’s been so long!’ She whined and I couldn’t help as I giggled at her words. 'I know! Are you free now?’ I bit on my lip, crossing my fingers. 'Duh, always girl!’ I smiled. 'Great! Listen, I’ve been feeling really bad. Could you maybe take me to the doctor?’ 

'Yeah, ofcourse.’ She said as she began shuffling. 'What do you have?’ She asked. 'It’s the second morning that I’ve thrown up.’ It was silent for a moment. 'I’ll be over quick!’ I sighed happily, thanking God I had such good friends. 'Thanks Ari.’ Was all I could say before she hung up on me.

I pulled my coat tighter against my body as I walked over to her car. 'I brought a bucket.’ She proudly announced as I got in her car. 'Oh, thank you Ariana.’ You tried to smile as you buckled up. 'You’re okay?’ She frowned. I shrugged. 'Still not feeling well.’ She frowned. 'Could you be pregnant?’ She said as she sped down the street. I frowned, looking at her. I softly bit on my lip. 'I don’t know. No..’ I said, doubting myself. 'We were always safe and..’ I bit a little harder on my lip this time. 'No need to overthink that, it could be something completely different.’ She said comforting as she gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

'Congratulations,Miss Garcia!’ The doctor happily said. 'You’re pregnant!’ I shook my head. 'That’s.. That’s not possible!’ I managed to squeeze out as I stared at her. She bit her lip for a moment before sitting down again. 'I’m afraid it is, the test came out positive and all the signs are there.’ She said as she shove a prescription my way which ended up in Ariana her hands. 

I held on to her arm as we left the doctor’s office. 

We immediately were blinded by flashes and people were yelling all sorts of things. 'Megan! Why are you here?’ Instead of answering, I just shook my head as I climbed in the passengers seat of Ariana’s car and stared ahead of me. 

'Pregnant.’ I said the word, testing if it was real. 'Pregnant, me, now.’ I said as I kept staring ahead of me. 'Are you telling Neymar tonight?’ I cocked my head to the side. 'It will be his second child and he’s not even 23!’ 

I laid a hand on my forehead, really realizing the news. 'Megan, he will-’ I didn’t even let her finish her sentence as I continued my rambling. 'We’re so young.’ I took a deep breath. 'What will his fans think of me!’ 

'Megan!’ Ariana said, loud enough for me to stop my rambling. 'We’re here. He’s home.’ She nodded with her head towards his car. 'Do you want to go in or do you want to come with me?’ She asked as she grabbed my hand. 'Honey, he isn’t going to leave you or be mad at you.’ She smiled at me. 'You’ll be fine.’ Was all she said as she released my hand and unbuckled my seatbelt. 

'Go, tell him he will be a dad again. He’ll be happy that there isn’t something seriously wrong with you.’ I took a deep breath, hugged her and got out of the car. I went up the patio and opened the door. I stepped inside and took a shaky breath before I turned around and waved a last time to Ariana. As I closed the door I got a text from Ariana.

Tell me how it went! <3

I shoved it back in my jeans and hung up my purse and coat. 'Neymar?’ I frowned. 'You’re back!’ I heard from upstairs. Soon I heard footsteps coming closer and not much later he was standing right in front of me. 'Hey babe, what did the doctor say?’ He asked, concerned laced in his voice as his arms circled around my waist. I bit my lip. 'It wasn’t something serious.’ He nodded, pressing a kiss on my forehead. 'So what was it then?’ I bit on my lip while laying my hands on his shoulder.

'I need you to promise me something before I tell you.’ He frowned but nodded anyway. 'Tell me.’ 

'Promise me you won’t run or leave me.’ He shook his head. 'I would never do that.’ I swallowed, shrugging as I looked at our feet. 'You’re really worrying me now.’ He said while he lifted up my head so he could look at me. 'Will you finally tell me now?’ He asked with a shaky laugh.

I took a deep breath as I blurted out the three words I was afraid of. 

'I am pregnant.’ 

'I am.. You are .. We are going to be parents?’ He stuttered. I nodded, afraid for his reaction. 'Wow.’ Was all he said as he examined my face. 'You don’t look happy?’ I could feel tears well up. 'I could say the same for you.’ He laughed while cupping my face in his hands. 

'I’m .. Shocked, I didn’t expect this. I mean, we weren’t trying. The condom must’ve ..’ He shook his head. 'I am happy, you just made me the most happiest person of the world.’ And like that, my worries faded away.

-------------

Well hello there! Long time no see, I know.. I'll begin with apologizing for the fact I haven't uploaded in 28 days or so. I know I should update more frequently but a writer's block has been taking over my brain and I was also busy with other things. I hope you like this (short) chapter!