Chapter 14 - Big step

I woke up the next morning feeling like a truck ran over me. I groaned as I remembered last night. Making love with your best friend isn't nothing but I think I can speak for both of us if I say it meant something to us. Well, at least I thought.

I cocked my head to the side and softly laughed when I saw him lying there with his mouth open.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and frowned. It was only 6 AM and I was wide awake, probably because of the jet lag . 

I didn’t want to wake Ney up so I just decided I would lay back for a while. 

Maybe I should tell Rafa what happened. I needed to get it of my chest not that I regretted what happened last night, not at all. I just needed to clear my mind and I knew that Rafa could help me with that. If I told Rafa, then I should tell Ari to. But I already knew how Ari would react.

 *Rafa, I came home last night. He picked me up, as you might know by now because it’s probably all over the news. Anyway, I came home and we kissed, again. I need to tell you the whole story when we get back in Rio, which I hope will be soon ;) but we ended up in bed doing, you know ..

PS we’re going to spend Christmas in NYC :D

Love you <3*

I just laid there for a while after the text. I watched his face, his chest rising up and down, his soft snoring. He was perfect for me, for any girl I think. 

I didn’t know how much time passed before my phone began vibrating. 

*YOU DID WHAT?! Wow, finally.. Seriously, we thought it happened like years ago.. God. I can’t believe it! BUT WE KNEW IT! So .. Are you a couple now? OMG :O Too <3*

I chuckled because of the caps lock.

I immediately texted her back. *I know .. No, we haven’t talked about it yet. He’s still sleeping and I honestly don’t know if he loves me. I don’t know if I love him. Do I?

Please Rafa, I don’t know what to do. Should I act normal? Should I go back to my own room? <3*

'Hmm.. How long are you awake?’ He murmured while breathing a kiss in the gape of my neck.

I smiled as I closed my eyes and laid my phone down next to me. 'For a while.’ I softly said. His arm laid over my stomach while I cuddled up against him.

'Megan, be honest with me. Do you regret anything from last night?’ His mouth was close to my ear and I could feel his breath. 'Not a single thing.. But.. I don’t know what is going on between us now.’ I softly said as I opened my eyes again. 

'I don’t regret anything to.. You want us to be something?’ 

'As in a couple?’ I could feel my phone vibrating next to me. 'Yeah.’

I shrugged as I sat up straight. 'I don’t know Ney, I honestly don’t know.’ 

I bit on my lip as he sat up straight to. 'You don’t like me?’ I frowned. 'Ofcourse, I do.’ 

He shook his head while getting up and gathering his stuff. 'What are you doing?’ I got up to while holding the blanket in front of me. 'Ney, answer me.’ He looked up at me.

'I love you, I love you more than just my best friend. I can’t believe that after everything, you don’t like me the way I like you.’ He was already standing in his clothes. 'Ney! I never-’

He shook his head again. 'It’s okay. It’s fine, I understand. I’m going to get Davi.’ He closed the door. I heard him jogging down the stairs. 'No, Ney.. Wait!’ It was hard to walk trough the corridor with the blanket wrapped around me. 'Get dressed.’ I heard him grumble before the door close and I knew I was alone again.

Well, that was one happy start of the day. I groaned as I walked up the stairs again.

Did I love him? Or didn’t I?

I grabbed my phone from the bed as I walked in to his bathroom. I grabbed a towel and filled the bath.

*Are you kidding me? Meg, don’t let him walk away! God help me Megan, please.. You would be perfect together! Please! I’m going to book a ticket if you’re not going to be together with him!!!* 

I chuckled at her answer as I laid away my phone. Maybe she was right. Maybe we were the right person for each other.

I enjoyed my bath. It was hot and relaxing, just what I needed. I was cooking a meal when I heard Davi yell. 'MEGGIE!’ I laughed while he came running up to me. I lifted him up and smiled at him. 'I missed you!’ I smiled. 'I missed you to.’ He hugged me and I smiled. I saw Ney leaning against the doorframe as he smiled at me. 'We need to talk.’ I mouthed at him while rubbing Davi his back. 'So .. You want some risotto?’ I placed him on the counter and began stirring again. 'Yes! Daddy can not cook!’ I shook my head while laughing.

'You wanted to talk?’ He said when he walked downstairs. He just returned from Davi his room. 'Yes. Sit, please.’ I patted on the space next to me and swallowed.

When he sat down next to me I grabbed his hand. 'I’m sorry for this morning, it’s just .. It’s a big step but you’re worth it.’ I took a deep breath. 

'I love you to. I like you more than just friends. I’m in love with you.’