Chapter 23 - An ordinary day

I glanced over to were Ney was laying and grinned. His mouth hung open a little and he was snoring softly. Perfect timing to take a picture was all I could think. I grinned while taking my phone from the nightstand. I opened the camera app and took some pictures. 

I got up while smiling like a fool. It was still a little dark outside which caused a beautiful view. 

I took a photo of the view to. When I saw the screensaver from my phone, a chuckle escaped my mouth. We took the photo a year ago when we went to Disneyland. 

It was Ney his birthday present for me. It was so cute and dorky but I loved it. 

We had a great time.
The photo was a great reminder of the amazing time we had.

The hot cup of tea was resting in my hands while I was looking outside. I turned around when I heard some shuffling. Ney appeared in the door opening while running a hand trough his hair. 

'Goodmorning..’ He murmured while yawning. 

I softly chuckled as I watched his movements trough the living room. I sat my cup down on the table and gave him a kiss. 

'Hello there..’ He smiled while hugging me. 'Why are you up so early?’ He softly said while breathing a kiss in the crook of my neck. 'Couldn’t sleep anymore.. You?’
'I couldn’t find you.’ I smiled while resting my hands on his back. 'I’m sorry..’ 

It was quiet for a few moments while we were embracing each other.

'I love you..’ 

He hugged me a little tighter. 'I love you to, babe.’ 

We spend the morning with unpacking and writing a list of things we should get. 

'So, where did you get all these things when you were here?’ He asked while gripping my hand a little bit stronger. 

'Jessie used to do those the first month.. But after that I used to get them a few streets away from here. It was pretty cheap.’ He smiled. 

'Did you eat a lot of take out?’
'No, Jessie made sure that I had proper meals everyday..’ I grinned as memories came flooding back. 

She was always taking care of me when we were staying here, although she wasn’t staying with me, she was here almost every evening to make sure I was okay.

'Chips?’ He was holding two bags in the air and was looking at me questioningly. 'Salt or paprika?’ I grinned. 'Both of course.. And grab some Bicky!’ I said while grabbing some chocolate chip cookies. 

They were unbelievably good I discovered as I tried them for the first time after which I kept buying them. 

'I got them..’ He dumped the bags in the trolley as he sneaked an arm around my waist. 

'Are they good?’ He nodded towards the cookies when I looked at him, frowning. 

'Oh.. Yeah, they are great!’ I said while laying them next to the bags. 'So .. You miss this?’ I frowned again. 'What do you mean?’ He kept looking at the racks while explaining the question. 

'Do you miss living here?’ I smiled while looking back to the racks. 

'Sometimes.. But I would never move here permanently. If that is what you mean?’ He nodded in confirmation. 

'I’m happy in Barca,  I’m happy with you.. If I would move, I would move back to Brazil.’ I murmured while dumping some more things back in to the trolley. 

'You would?’ I nodded. 'Yeah, maybe later.. Or so.’ 

I smiled while walking towards the checkout. 'Do you have everything?’ He nodded. 

'Yes, I think we do.’

'We could fly to Brazil next week..’ His eyes were resting on my face. I looked down at his face while stroking his hair. 'Is that a question?’ I smiled. He chuckled and closed his eyes. 'Yeah..’ I played with his hair. 'Well then.. Yes, I would love to fly to Brazil..’ I bit on my lip.

'My family will be happy to see you again.’ I grinned. 'I will be happy to.’

'Can we visit my family to?’ He opened his eyes. 

'Of course we can.’ He reached up so his hand could touch my face. His finger followed my jawline. His hand cupped my cheek and smiled. He caressed my cheek with his thumb.

'You’re so pretty..’ He whispered. I gazed down at my lap and felt a blush creep on my cheeks.

'And you’re so cute when you blush..’ He softly laughed while getting up.

He kissed me. Our lips moved together. 

His hand moved from my cheek to the back of my neck. 

When he pulled away he smiled. 'So .. We’ll go and buy the presents tomorrow?’ He whispered against my lips. I nodded before reconnecting our lips once again. 

I switched of the light on the bedside table and slid back under the covers. 'Goodnight, honey.. I love you.’ He murmured in my ear while pulling me against his side. 'Goodnight, Ney..’
I closed my eyes and let my hand rest on his chest. I felt my hand move up and down with his chest in a steady rhythm.