Chapter 33 - Verona

I sang along with Katy Perry while stirring gently in the bowlt of salad. 'I kissed a girl..’ 'And you liked it?’ Suddenly a voice said from the doorframe. I looked up in surprise to see Ney with a small box in his pocket. 

'You should stop scaring me like that.’ I pointed out before placing the bowl on the table and making my way to him. 

'You showered?’ He nodded before hugging me for a few seconds. 'Yes, for once I took my showerstuff with me.’ I softly chuckled. 'Why?’ He smirked.

'You never shower over there.’ I eyed him suspiciously before pressing a kiss on his cheek.
'Needed to go somewhere afterwards..’ He placed the box on the counter and sat down. 

I wanted to walk over to the counter but he grabbed my wrist. 'Don’t even think about it.’
He laughed as he pulled me back to the table. 'Sit down and enjoy.’ I smiled as I sat down. 

'A surprise?’ I asked with a nod towards the little box. He nodded. 'Yes, a special one.’ 

While eating our meal I couldn’t keep my eyes of the box standing there. 'Your stare won’t make it open.’ He stated while looking at me with an amused look. I took a sip and reached over to take his hand. He intertwined our fingers. 'You’re a good cook.’ I shyly smiled and looked at our hands. 'No need to be shy, baby.’ I softly chuckled while playing with his fingers. 'You’re going to give me the present or what?’ He laughed while breaking our touch and leaned back to take the box. He got up and walked next to me. He got down on one knee and I smiled my teeth showing smile. 

'I asked you yesterday and I hope that today your answer is still the same.’  He smiled while opening the box.

'Will you marry me, Meg?’ I extended my hand and nodded while still smiling.
'Duh..’ He softly laughed while pushing the ring around my finger and hugged me tight. 

'Thank you, you can’t believe how happy you make me.’ He whispered while resting his hands on my back. 'If I make you as happy as you make me then yes, I can believe.’ I softly said while lacing my arms around his neck.

'Can we keep this our little secret for a few days?’ 

He pulled back so he could look at me and nodded. 'Yes.. Let’s keep it our secret for now.’ 

His hand went trough my hair and I looked up. His eyes were resting on mine and he smiled while taking a deep breath. 'I’m gonna miss you when you’re off to Verona.’ I sat up a little more as I rested my hand on his leg. His hand played with my hair while his arm rested casually on my shoulder. 'Come with me?’ I looked at him hopeful.

He bit on his lip as he shook his head. 'I can’t.’ He answered after a couple of seconds. 'Oh no?’ I frowned. 'You’re not playing against Chelsea, so..’ He shrugged. 'I .. I’m going to watch the game.’ I nodded before resting my back again against the rest of our couch. 'But we’ll go there together once I have time.’

'Did you already made your bag for tomorrow?’ I frowned and looked up at him. He shook his head. 'Tomorrow morning.’ I shook my head and patted his leg before getting up. 'I’ll do it babe.’

He grinned. 'I love you.’ I rolled my eyes and walked in to the hallway. 'I love you to, .’

I threw the suitcase on the bed and grabbed some clothes out of his drawers, of course they weren’t as neat as when I put them there so I needed to fold them again.

I grabbed another shirt from his drawer and carefully put it in his bag.

'Babe, have you seen my tie?’ He whined as he entered the room. 'Which one?’ I frowned. 'Black with a red and a blue stripe on it.’ I nodded and pulled open another drawer. I searched trough all of his ties and pulled out the one he needed. 'There you go..’ I held it out for him but he just shook his head. 'Can you do it please?’ He pouted and I softly giggled before lacing it around his neck. His eyes rested on my face as I looked at it concentrated. 

'I think you’re so sexy when you’re concentrated like that.’ I felt a blush creep as I patted his chest. 'All done, mister.’ He laced his arms around my waist and softly kissed me. 'A shame that we don’t have time for something more.’ He whispered against my lips and all I could do was nod in agreement.

Soon I would be leaving too, to Verona. I couldn’t wait because it would be fun and I could chat up with some of my friends but still I would miss him. I felt bad for not traveling with him but at the same time I was glad we would spend some time away, sometimes you just need that in a relationship.

'Take care of him!’ I warned Marc as he slid his sunglasses on his nose. 'Don’t worry, I will.. Garcia.’ He winked at me and I grinned. 'I’ll be calling every free moment to check.’ I laughed before grabbing my own keys and opening my car. 

'Babe, I can’t find my toothbrush!’ Ney came rushing out of the house with another bag. 'Babe, it’s in your toiletbag!’ I said before throwing my bags in the trunk.'Oh!’ I heard in reply and closed the trunk again. I went with a hand trough my hair before giving Marc a hug. 'Say Melissa I said hi!’ He nodded and sighed afterwards. 'Your boyfriend .. Is very slow.’ I softly laughed as I nodded.

'Megan..!’ Ney whined before walking and I rolled my eyes before making my way back in to the house. 'I can’t find my..’ 

This could take a while before he would finally leave..