Chapter 20 - On your own

'Megan, Neymar is hysterical.' I grabbed my purse while shoving my sunglasses on my nose. 'Rafa, I really don't have time for this.' I closed my hotel door behind me as I paced down the hallway. 'Rafa, I'm late. I have to go.' I murmured while jogging down the stairs. 'Meg, honestly. I have never heard him that upset. I know it's hard but please.. Try to work on it.' I rolled my eyes.

'Garcia, please.'

'Rafa, you're my best friend but you don't understand this. This isn't just about the kiss anymore. The fact that I needed to find out about the kiss trough you and Ari, trough the newspaper.' I said trough gritted teeth. I walked outside the hotel and saw some flashes.

That just made my day. A lot of things were shouted.

'Why aren't you staying with Neymar? Did things happen? Did you broke up?'

I just ignored them as I walked down the sidewalk.

'Rafa, I'll call you back tonight.' I shoved the phone in my bag as I groaned. The flashes really hurt my eyes, happy for me I had my sunglasses.

I sighed as I looked up to Jessie. 'God, Megan. You look terrible, what is wrong?'
The first time my fake smile really failed. The first time my act to be okay failed.

'It's nothing. I just didn't slept well.' I yawned while resting my head on my hand.

'Don't lie to me, Garcia. I know you like the back of my hand.' I groaned while closing my eyes.

'Let me explain before you judge.' I whispered as I straightened my back and opened them again.

'Are you still going to New York in 2 days?' I mentally cursed myself as I shrugged. She stood still in front of the hotel. 'You'll have to face the situation you're in soon.' I rolled my eyes while putting my sunglasses back on my nose. 'Nice day, Jes.' I got out of the car and slammed the door. I walked in to the hotel and rolled my eyes when I saw there were more journalists in the hotel than in front. I tried to make a way trough them, which was kind of hard but soon a security guard joined me. With some trying I reached the stairs.
In a matter of time I was upstairs and had opened the door to my suite.
I bit on my lip as I looked around. It was an absolute mess. Clothes were spilled all over the floor. It looked like a hurricane stopped by to thank me for moving in here.

I rolled my eyes as I began grabbing the clothes and threw them back in my bag. Maybe I should order some food, room-service.

After I ordered some room-service I laid back on bed. I cleaned my room, I showered and now I had time to think. Thinking about the events of last night made me sad again. I wiped away a tear that slid down my cheek. My phone rang once again and I softly groaned. I sighed as I held the phone by my ear.

'You left him?' Ari's voice came softly trough the phone. 'You broke up?' I sighed. 'No, Ari. I just left the house.. I just.. I don't know what to do. He's my best friend, he's my soulmate, I love him so much.' I could feel her roll her eyes at me. 'Babe, honestly. He cheated on you, it's..' I heard a knock on my door and walked towards it. 'Ari, wait. Room-service is here.' I said while opening the door.

It wasn't someone from the staff. It wasn't room service.
It was Stefan.

'Stefan?' I bit on my lip.

In the past couple of weeks we texted a lot. We became pretty close friends. I made clear that I had absolutely no feelings for him and he was pretty okay with it.

'What's wrong?' He frowned while he pushing past me.

I ignored his question as I closed the door behind him. 'How did you find me?' I sat back down on the bed as I closed my eyes for a brief second. He ignored my question while walking over to the other side of the bed. 'Tell me.'

'It's nothing.' I murmured.

'Oh, shut up!' He said while grabbing his phone. He began scrolling trough some news-site.

'You should read this..' He shoved his phone to the other side of the bed. I grabbed it and glanced over at the title.
'I don't want to read it.' I mumbled as I threw it back to the other side.
He rolled his eyes while grabbing his phone back.
'Megan Garcia and Neymar Jr. Split up? Rumour has it! Close friends of the (ex) couple say they splitted up in the past days. The reason would be the publicated photo of Neymar and Jamie. They were spotted very close at a party a few weeks ago. According to Jamie they did spend the night together and he even convinced her that..' He took a deep breath before glancing over to me.
'Should i continue or..?' He trailed of. I nodded as I sat with my back against the wall.
'He would break up with Megan to be with her..' He softly said. I closed my eyes as I held my hands in front of my face.

'Are you okay?' I felt a hand on my back. 'Who can I believe after this? What can I believe after this?' My hands fell back in my lap as I bit on my lip. I looked up to see that Stefan's eyes were still resting on my face.
'I think you should talk to him. You need to work this out and after all it's Christmas..'
I shrugged. 'I don't feel like celebrating Christmas anymore.' He shook his head as he rested on his knees next to me.

'You're strong. You're a very strong couple. I'm sure that you'll work this out.' He grabbed my hand.

My phone began ringing. I saw it was Ney.
'I'll leave you alone. I'm going to search for some food.' He winked at me before softly closing the door.

I took a deep breath as I picked up. 'Yes?'
'Finally, do you know how much times I've tried to call you?' His voice was soft, as if he was releaved that he finally heard my voice.
'I don't think it should matter that much to you. After all, you would break up with me for Jamie.' I spat while getting up.
'Megan! She's lying!' I rolled my eyes. 'Cut the crap! I needed to find out from someone else, 3 weeks later and now you expect me to just go with the flow and forgive you and I don't know what else?'
'Come home. I want to sort this out. I want to fly to New York.' I bit on my lip as I stood there, listening to him.
'Suit yourself. You brought this on your own. I think that Jamie would absolutely love to go to New York with you!' I threw my phone on the bed as I began pacing back and forth trough the room.

Maybe he was right. Maybe he was right when he said we couldn't get in a relationship because we couldn't return to being best friends. Maybe we should never started with this.
Maybe we should've stayed friends with benefits. Or maybe we should've just stayed away from each other when we realized we had feelings.

Maybe we never should've got in to this in the first place.

'I'm back!' Stef happily said when he entered the room. I was sitting on the bed, staring out of the window.
'Are you okay?' I shook my head while tears joined the past ones. 'I feel so bad..' I softly said as he pulled me in his arms. 'Ariana just called me. She wanted to see you.. Is that okay?' I nodded as I sobbed in to his shoulder. 'I-I'm so s-sorry about your s-shirt..' I tried to get out.
'It's okay. I like it more this way.' He replied casually which caused me to smile a little.
'He's not worth your tears.'
'He is. He is worth everything to me. He is my everything.' I whispered while he stroked my back.
'You need to think about this... It's a lot to take in..' He softly said while he lied down on the bed.
I breathed in his scent as I closed my eyes again.
'Cheating isn't nothing..'

I knew what Ariana would say. I knew what she thought about this.
I needed to break up with him.
And for once, I think she was right.