Chapter 39 - Not going anywhere

I entered the catacombs from the stadium sure of me and my words. While walking with steady passes trough the hallways I couldn’t press a weird feeling off myself. It reminded me of the last time I was here, which was the vacation we first kissed.

The echo of my heels made me shiver a little before standing still in front of a familiar door. Just as I was about to knock it flew open. 'We’ll see you in a minute..’ 

'Megan.’ David stated surprised. I smiled a little. 'Well, hello to you too..’ He smiled before hugging me and taking a step back. 'But I guess you’re not here for us, are you?’ I softly laughed before hugging some other guys. 'Oh please, I’m here to wish you good luck!’ I smiled. 'But, I need to talk to Neymar for a second.’ They all nodded before moving in to the hallway. I turned around and our eyes met for the first time in months.

And I couldn’t remember when they left for the last time.

'You wanted to talk?’ He softly asked while tying his shoes. 'I just wanted to wish you good luck.’ I replied a little unsure of my words. 'Jamie called me before the game, she never comes in here. Not like you.’ I swallowed. 'She told me what you told her, Meg.’ I shrugged. 

'I can’t believe-’ He shook his head. 'One of us needed to move on. One of us had to take that step and .. It was me that took the step.’ I crossed my arms in front of me.

'You love her?’ He looked up and I smiled a little. 'I know you don’t. I can’t find a single picture of how you look at her like you did at me.’ I took a step closer. 'I’m not here to reunite with you, I’m here to have a good time and to see Brazil win the World cup.’ I sighed. 

'And I’m here for you now, I don’t know what I’m doing here or saying but I want you to get together with someone who really loves you. Because that girl..’ I took a deep breath. 'We broke up because of her, Neymar. She is the reason we aren’t together anymore and I can’t stand to see you together with her.’ He laughed a little. 'You’re telling me with who I can be and can’t?’ I shook my head. 'It’s not like that.’

'Oh, no?’ I frowned. 'Because that’s what I hear.’ I shook my head again. 'You can be with anyone you want, why her? Why Jamie? Why the girl who was the reason we broke up?’ He swallowed and looked at loss for words. 'Because she can loves me. Because she makes me feel better. You destroyed me, Megan.’ I shook my head. 'You destroyed yourself. You destroyed us.’

There was a silence for a few moments.

'I know what you’re doing here.’ He stated. I frowned. 'What am I doing here than?’ He took a step closer and I took one back until I backed up against the wall and he stood right in front of me. 

'You still love me.’ I bit on my lip and focused my gaze on the ground beneath my feet. 'See? You’re not even denying it.’ He whispered and he put one hand next to my head while with the other hand he tilted my head up.

'We need to talk.'

Just as he was about to say something else we heard Thiago's voice on the other side of the door. 'Okay, lovebirds..' There was some laughing on the other side of the door. 'Showtime.'

Brazil won against Croatia with 3-1 with Neymar as a first scorer which of course caused us all to scream like there was no tomorrow. That was of course until Jamie yelled that ”that was her amazing, sweet, loving and caring boyfriend”