Chapter 10 - The sooner, the better

'What?’ My mouth fell open as I got up. 'Are you sure? You didn’t have the wrong mail?’ She began laughing. 'No, Megan! You’re going to be an Angel, a Victoria Secret model!’ I began grinning. 'Oh my god!’ I got up and began jumping up and down. Neymar frowned as he got up to. 'I’ll come by tomorrow around 10.’ She hung up the phone. I threw the phone on the couch as I jumped on Neymar. 'Whoa, easy there tiger!’ He began laughing as I continued to grin. 'So .. Mind to tell me this is all about?’ I nodded. 'I’m going to be an Angel.’ He frowned for a second as if he was thinking. 'As in ..’ 'As in a model for Victoria Secret!’ His eyes met mine as he began grinning. 'That’s .. Amazing!’ I nodded. 'I know, oh God!’

We celebrated that night by drinking some champagne and ended up in the same bed. Don’t worry, we did nothing. We just slept next to each other, which felt nice. It’s nice to share a bed with him because .. Don’t deny it, he’s handsome.

I sat opposite of Jessie on our kitchen table and frowned. 'Moving?’ She nodded. 'Moving to America.’ I went with a hand trough my hair. 'For how long? A few months?’ She shrugged. 'At least a few months.’ I bit on my lip.

'I can’t, Ney..’ She sighed.

'Megan, Neymar will be fine. This chance won’t come by a second time. They won’t ask you a second time.’ I closed my eyes. I knew she was right. I had to go, this was an unbelievable chance. 'When are we leaving?’ She looked at her paper. 'Can we leave tomorrow?’ I think I almost spit out the water I had in my mouth. 'Excuse me?’ She nodded.

'That’s the best. The sooner, the better.’ 

I walked around the house all day. Ney had left early because he had practice so he wouldn't come home until dinner. That meant that I had all the time to think about it. Leaving for America sounded amazing, America is a beautiful country but it’s not the same as Spain or Brasil.

But the thought of that I left tomorrow made me feel sick. It made me upset and sick.

I couldn’t contain my tears as I thought about Neymar. Or about my friends here. I needed to leave everybody here and I could stay here, yes. But this is a dream that I had as a little girl. It’s coming true.

I knew she was right. The sooner, the better. But leaving Ney in such a small period of time.. It was crazy.

'Where’s my pretty angel?’ I quickly whiped some tears from my cheek. A sob escaped my mouth as I slapped a hand in front of my mouth. I never thought it would be so hard to bring up. 

Leaving him was as leaving a piece of myself here and I haven’t even left yet. 'Hey, haven’t you hea-’ He didn’t finish his sentence as he saw me standing there. 

'Meggie..’ His voice sooting as he made his way over to me. 'What’s wrong?’ He softly said as he put me on the counter and stood between my legs. 

'Tell me.’ He whispered and caressed my cheek. I couldn’t tell him. I just let the tears stream down my cheeks. 'Babe, talk to me.’ He grabbed my hands as his eyes rested on my face. I didn’t dare to look at his face. 'I’m moving out tomorrow, I’m moving to America.’

He stood there for a moment, I didn’t recognize the emotion in his face. 'For how long?’ His voice sounded weak. 'At least a few months.’ I couldn’t prevent the tears from falling and put my hands in front of my face. 'Don’t’ He grabbed my hands as he lifted me up from the counter. He pulled me in for a hug. 'I need to start packing.’ I murmured as I released myself from his grip. His arms fell down next to him as I jogged up the stairs. 

Leaving my best friend behind was probably the hardest thing I had to do. Even though I would have a lot of fun over there, sadness took possession of me as I thought about it. Sure, becoming an Angel is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I already told my family the news.

'Meg..’ His head showed around the corner of my room. 'Yes?’ I frowned as I closed my bag. 'Can we sleep together?’ I nodded as I laid my bag in the corner of my room. He laid down on the bed without saying anything. I soon joined him. 'I’ll cal you everyday,.. You’ll always be my best friend.’ I closed my eyes. 'I’ll keep reminding you.’ He chuckled as he pulled me against him. We laid there, tangled in each others embrace. The only sound in the room came from us breathing in and out. Until he decided to break the silence.

'I love you.’ He whispered in my ear. 'I love you to.’ He cocked his head to the side so our faces were just inches apart. He breathed a kiss on my lips and smiled at me. I blushed as I closed my eyes for a second. 'I’m gonna miss you.’ I opened my eyes again. 'I’m gonna miss you to.’ He softly said.

'But we’ll be fine.’ He whispered while stroking a piece of hair behind my ear.