Chapter 12 - Coming home

My phone woke me up. I still had the same ringtone. As much as I love it, I'd rather not hear it right now.

I felt with my hand next to me until I finally found the rectangle I wanted. 

'What?' I softly said as I yawned. 'Goodmorning sunshine.' I heard a laugh at the other side of the line. 'Did I wake you up?' I rolled over on my stomach as I held the phone against my ear.

'Yeah, but it's okay.. I needed to wake up anyway.' As I glanced over to the clock. I brushed some hair out of my face and sat up straight. 

'Sorry I didn't call you last night, I thought that you were busy.' I chuckled as I stretched. I walked over to the balcony and looked trough the window. 

'Busy sleeping.' I mumbled. 'What are you doing today?' I frowned. 'Nothing, I have a day of.'

I rubbed in my eye as I yawned again. 'Me to.' I smiled. 'You deserve it.' 

I closed my eyes for a second. 

'You to. You're so busy all the time.' I opened them again. 'Just six more days.'

I could imagine him nodding his head. 'Six more days.' 

Honestly, those six days flew by. We, Jessie and me, explored the city for the last 2 days which was amazing. We became so close in those 3 months that I couldn't imagine a life without her. She was much more than a manager, she became one of my best friends.

I turned around to glance a last time at the beautiful city I shared a part of my life with for a few months. 'Bye New York.' I smiled as I turned around. I walked in to the plane.

We made ourselves comfortable when suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to look who it was. 'I'm sorry .. Megan, right?' I nodded. 'I'm Stefan, I think your interview last week was so good! Can I please take a picture with you?' I nodded as I got up a little more. I grabbed my phone as I took a photo of us. 'What's your Instagram?' He said his name and I tagged him in the photo. *Just met this awesome boy :)* 

'So, did you enjoy America?' I nodded as I looked at him. 'Why were you in New York?' He smiled.

'I visited my family. I'm flying back to France right now.' I was now fully turned around. There weren't a lot of people. 'Why are you going back to France?' I frowned. I was interested in him. He was a special figure and he had a lot of stories to tell.

As we began walking past the gates with my luggage I began looking for Neymar. Jessie would go back with her car but Ney would come and pick me up. 'So, here is where our ways part.' I looked to my side to find the special eyes of Stefan again. 'You think we can switch numbers?' I nodded as I put my number in to his phone. 'There you go, don't hesitate to give me a call.' I winked at him before wandering of in to the crowd. Maybe he was waiting outside. I walked towards the exit when I saw him. He stood there, casually as always. His sunglasses on his nose although he didn't need them at this time of the day. I smiled as I walked towards him. 'Hi there, can I please have your autograph?' He looked up at me as he began grinning. 

'Sure, where do you want it?' 

He winked at me before picking me up and spinning me around. 

'I really missed you.' He softly said in my ear as he put me down and embraced me. I laughed. 'I missed you to, but please do not suffocate me!' I rubbed my hands up and down on his back as I looked up at him. 

'I really missed you to. I'm so glad I'm back home.' He nodded as he grabbed my suitcase. 'I'm to, it's good that you're back..' His hand was on my back while he guided me trough the group of photographers. 'I can carry my suitcase.' He shrugged as he kept me close. 

'It's easier this way.' He said in my ear as they began shouting a lot of things.

I knew I became a little more famous and so was Neymar but so much photographers? I mean, what were they trying to get? It's not like something happened back there and if we would kiss .. It's not like it would happen right there.

I got in the car while he threw my luggage on the back seat. When he got in he sighed. 'I was wondering why you had your sunglasses on .. Now I know.' I sighed as I looked at my lap. 'There are some in the glove department, put them on.. It's a lot easier.' I grabbed them and immediately put them on. 'So, how was it?' I put on my seatbelt and turned my back to the window. I rested my head against the window as the cameras of the journalists kept flashing. 'Damn it ..' He kept mumbling things as I waited. 'So .. Are you going to answer my question?' He asked once we were properly driving on the highway.

'Yes. It was ..' I waited before answering. 'It was different but it was amazing' I grinned. 'I was so sad when I got there because I had to leave you behind and I just missed it from the second I got on the plane.'

He looked at me for a few seconds before looking back at the road. 'But after that you liked it.. Right?' I shrugged. 'It was okay in the beginning. The first month was a hell. I was so homesick. I almost booked a ticket back but Jessie told me to give it another chance and I did.' I smiled as I thought about it. 'I talked a lot with my mom and Ari and it made me feel better.' I saw him biting on his lip for a moment. 'How about me?' I swallowed. 'I.. I don't know, Ney. It was so different and although I missed you, it made it worse when I thought about you. And you were so busy with practice and-' 

'You can always call me, always.' I bit on my lip as I shifted in my seat. 'It wasn't that easy, Ney.' 

It remained silent for 10 minutes. 'But everything together .. You enjoyed it, right?' I nodded. 'I loved it. Ney, I want to show you, it's such an amazing place and there are such nice people and -' He began laughing. 

'It's okay. You can show it to me.' I began smiling widely. 'Really? When?' He shrugged. 'Christmas?' I frowned. 

'Christmas? That's in a month.' He nodded. 

'Carolina wanted to spent Christmas with Davi and her family, so if you want to..' 'That's the best gift you could give me.'

We would spend Christmas together in one of the city's I lost my heart to. And I was being honest when I said it's the best gift he could give me.