Chapter 5 - A hug doesn't solve anything

As he approached the door, I bit on my lip for a second before saying: 'Say hi to Davi’ He stood still for a second and than nodded. 'I will’ He closed the door behind him and I bit on my lip. It has been 2 days since the fight and tonight we would fly to Brasil.

I grabbed my phone as the doorbell rang. I bit on my lip as I walked to the door. I opened it and saw it was Neymar. 'Sorry .. My keys’ He murmured. I nodded as i left the door open, walking back the living room. I sat down on the couch.

When he grabbed his keys, he stood there for a moment. I looked up at him and bit on my lip. 'What’s wrong?’ He opened his mouth to answer but then closed again. He just shook his head and left.

Like that, he just left. Not saying anything. It had been 2 days since we properly spoke and I began to worry that this was it for us. The doorbell rang again and I groaned. I walked over to the door again and pulled it open. 'What?’ I snapped. I saw David and blushed a little. 'I’m sorry .. I thought you were Neymar’ He smirked. 'Yeah, I saw him leaving’ I smiled as I opened the door for him. 'What are you doing here?’ He smiled as he sat down. 'Talking’ I nodded. 'Ney won’t be coming home soon, so..’ He shook his head, laughing. 'I wanted to talk to you’ I frowned. 'Me?’ He nodded and he took of his jacket and dropped it in the chair next to us. He looked at me.

'You have been getting this question a lot.. But we just wanted to know.. Are you guys a thing?’ I looked at my hand. 'You’re right, I’ve been getting this question a lot, to much’ I sighed as I shuffled in my chair. 'We’re not a thing, we’ll never be a thing’ I bit on my lip for a moment. 'David, I don’t know what to do. We’ve been fighting for 3 days now and it’s not getting better’ He smiled at me and took my hand. 'You’ll be fine. You love each other, it’s meant to be. You’ll be fine, believe me’ He released my hand again as I nodded. 'It’s just .. I don’t want people to spread rumors or even think that we are friends with benefits..’ He nodded. 'I get that, it’s just really hard because you’re both famous’ I shrugged.

'I hope everything will be solved by the time we see each other in Brasil’ I smiled and nodded. 'Say hi to Sara from me’ He showed his thumb and drove of after that.

'I’m home’ I heard a soft voice say in the hall. I bit on my lip as I walked in to the living room.

I bumped in to Neymar and I grabbed his arm to steady myself. 'Sorry, I..’ He silenced me by pulling me in to a hug. 'I’m sorry’ A hug didn’t solve anything. It was a stupid fight for a stupid reason but still.. There was a reason and the hug didn’t solve it. 'Ney, please’ I softly pushed him away. I looked up to see his eyes sadly looking at me. 'Still not okay between us?’ I shrugged as I walked back in to the kitchen.

'We should leave soon, the plaine..’ I nodded as I walked in to the hall, I didn’t even let him finish his sentence. 'Can we please talk?’ He shouted as I began walking up the stairs. 'We’ll have plenty of time for that on the plane’ I murmured and took my my bags from my bed.

When I turned around he was standing there, leaning on the doorframe. 'I want to talk, now’ I shook my head.

'We will have plenty of time for that later’ He shook his head as he closed the door behind him. 'I want this over, now’ His face was now serious, concerned. 

'I’m sorry if you thought..’ I silenced him by putting my hand over his mouth.

'Calm, I don’t want to suffocate you. First, I need to apologize, I’ve been a jerk the past few days. I’ve been overreacting and exaggerating. I’m sorry about that, but most of all.. I just wanted to say thank you for everything, for taking care of me when I needed it.’

He smiled as I took my hand of of his mouth. 'I’m speechless’ I blushed.

'I’m the one who should be apologizing, I’m sorry for being such a .. Stupid jerk. I should’ve been clear with the rest of the world. I know it was stupid but I just wanted to say that I love you, you’re my best friend and..’ I smiled as I hugged him. 'I love you to, I really do’ I released him after a few moments. 

'It’s just as beautiful as the last time I was here’ I smiled as I looked around. Ney nodded in agreement. 'It is’ After a moment of silence he smiled while saying: 'Those sunglasses really suit you, Meg’ I grinned as we began walking towards the exit. 'Thank you, you don’t look that bad yourself’

As we walked outside, I sighed. There were flashes from cameras and questions were shouted. 'Are you a couple?’ 'Is it true that you are friends with benefits?’ 'Why did she come with you, Neymar?’ That kind of questions. I sighed and rolled my eyes. They couldn’t see it so it wouldn’t affect anyone.

We saw a cab that was still free and got in. We pulled our bags with us in the car and he immediately began driving. 'Thank you’ The driver politey smiled towards us via the mirror. 'That’s okay, it must be hard’

When we got to his parents house, we were welcomed very warm and heartily. 'Meggie!’ Rafa was very happy to see me again. I was happy to see her to. We spoke a lot but being able to talk to someone face to face is different. 'How are you?’ I grinned. 'I’m good, you?’ She smirked. 'Fine honey’ I laughed as I hugged his parents. 'Megan, what a suprise’ I smiled at them. 'It is okay for me to come, right?’ They nodded. 'Ofcourse silly, you’re always welcome here’

'So, tell me about you and Ney’ Rafaella demanded the second we left the house. We decided that going to the beach was a great idea.

'Nothing to tell, actually’ I grinned while we got in the car. 'Ah, please, Megan’ She rolled her eyes as we drove of. 'Don’t tell me you share the bed only if you are sick’ I sighed. 'Rafa, I told you..’ She didn’t even listen to what I was saying.

'Please, Meg.. Don’t think I don’t know that you share that bed only if one is sick’ I swallowed. 'Okay, sometimes we share it. But there’s nothing more than that. We’ve never kissed. We just cuddle and hug and stuff’ I looked over at her and saw her looking at me for a second. 'No feelings?’ I shook my head. 'Friends with benefits?’ I groaned.

 'Why is everyone asking me that? No!’ She laughed as she parked the car. 'I don’t know, just wanted to know’ I grimaced at the thought. No, we were just best friends. It was normal for us to be that close.

'Smile!’ I heard Rafa shout as I looked over to her, laughing. 'That’s a nice one!’ I began laughing harder. 'Rafa, this reminds me of how it used to be!’ She also began laughing. 'Yes, I know!’

'Now, come here!’ I walked towards Rafaella as she pulled me in an embrace and took a picture of us. 'Oh, that one is horrible!’ She just laughed and posted it on Instagram anyway. 'God, that wasn’t necessary!’ Rafa began laughing even harder as she pushed me away. 'What does it matter? It’s vacation, remember?’ I smiled. Yes, I remembered.