Chapter 43 - Last game

His eyes were focussed on the screen as his hands were making figures on my belly. It began showing really clear now, but I didn't want to make it public. I wanted to enjoy it privately just a little longer while Neymar couldn't wait to share the exiting news with the world. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to share the wonderful news with the world but the reaction of his fans sometimes scared me. 

And while I was thinking that he asked me the question that he had been asking a few times the last week. 

'When will we tell the world?' 

He eyed me from the side, his eyebrow shot up and I suppressed a giggle. 'Oh honey..' I brought a hand up to his face and caressed his cheek. He smiled at me as our eyes met. 

'I just want to share it so badly.' I suddenly grinned at the idea that popped in to my head. 'I've got an idea!' I said as sat up a little straighter.  'Oh?' He said as he also sat up straighter. 

'What if you score in the last game, this weekend, and you celebrate by putting the ball under your shirt?' His eyes lit up. 'That's an amazing idea, just like I did with Davi!' I smiled while nodding as memories came flooding back.

'How could I be so stupid?' He yelled as he banged a fist against the wall opposite of me. I softly bit on my lip as he continuously did that. I walked over to him. 'Banging the wall won't make this any different!' I yelled above him as I grabbed his fists. I could see the tears stream down his face and I swallowed hard as I released his hands. I grabbed him by his shoulders and pulled him against me. 'Calm down, Neymar. You'll be fine, it'll be fine.' I softly said, rubbing his back in a comforting manner. 'We both know that that's a fucking lie!' He snapped, pulling away from my touch and continuing his destroying walk. 

'You're keeping it?' I asked. 'Didn't figure that out by now?' He yelled which caused me to bite my lip to keep my lips from trembling. 'I know you're upset, but could you please stop yelling at me?' I said, trying to keep my voice down. 

He looked up, his cheeks noticeably wet from the tears that were still escaping his eyes. 'I'm sorry.' He whispered, just loud enough for me to hear. 'I'm sorry, I am. I shouldn't be yelling at you, I shouldn't be taking my anger out on you.' He took a deep breath.'So, no abortion.. Right?'

 'Yes, we're keeping it. We respect other people their decisions in that way but personally we don't want to because we're religious.' He said. 'Now, that's a press statement.' I said, trying to ease the tension. He smiled a little, but it never reached his eyes. 'Thank you for being here for me, Megan.'

I smiled, reaching for his hand. 'Always.'

My eyes never left the screen as my parents walked in. 'Santos player Neymar celebrated his goal on an unexpected way. Shown right now on your screen. Neymar celebrated by putting the ball underneath his shirt while sucking his thumb. Here is what the Santos player had to say about it.'

A very sweaty Neymar suddenly appeared on the screen. He was smiling but again, it didn't reach his eyes. 

'The celebration, what a wonderful way to celebrate! Was it for friends?' He shook his head, looking around him for a moment. 'No, it was for Carolina and our unborn baby.' The reporter was quiet for a moment. 'No further comment.' Was all Neymar had to say as he walked in the other direction, towards the exit.

Later that weekend, I attended his game. We were both a little bit nervous for the reactions from the fans and some friends that we haven't had the chance to tell. Melissa, Marc's girlfriend, and Shakira, do I even need to tell you who that is?, were constantly by my side. 'Are you exited?' Melissa asked as we both sat in our seats, waiting for the seconds half to begin. 'Ofcourse, I mean, it's always cool to see them pla-'