Chapter 24 - Special presents

'Checkmate.' I grinned while wiping all the pawns of the board. He groaned while letting himself fall backwards on the couch. 'Still as frustrated as when you lost the first time?' I chuckled while climbing on top of him. 'Yes..'

I softly giggled while grabbing his hands from his face. 'Don't hide that pretty face, boo.' He grinned before intertwining our fingers. 'You're one to talk..'

We looked at each other for a few moments, smiling. 'I love you, so much..' He whispered.

'I love you to.' I released his hands and let my hands rest on his chest. 'Are we going to buy presents?'

A playful sparkle flashed trough his eyes. 'I can give you an early present?' I frowned. 'What do you mean?' He rolled his eyes and sat up straight. His lips were inches away from mine. I lowered my gaze.

'You know now..?' I looked back up and a little smile came on my lips.

'Yeah..' I closed the little distance between us and connected our lips. His fingers were hooked around the bands of my jeans. Things soon got more heated between us and I think you can imagine what happened next.

I made an attempt to make my hair a little straight but soon gave up. I threw it up in a messy bun which I thought was okay. I smiled at myself in the mirror before throwing some water in my face. When I looked back up I saw Ney standing behind me. I gasped and laid a hand on my chest.

'God, you scared me!' He chuckled while laying his head on my shoulder. We looked at each other trough the mirror and both smiled. 'Sorry, didn't meant to scare you.' I laid a hand on his and softly squeezed in his hand. 'Let's go.. Otherwise, we'll never get presents..' I winked at him before pulling myself out of his grip.

'Let's split up!' I grinned while putting my scarf back into its place. 'Why?' I looked up to see his puppy face. 'Oh, no.. Don't pull that of!' I turned my head. 'I'll meet you on that bench in .. Half an hour, an hour?' I looked back at him to see he nodded. 'Okay.. Be careful, stay safe.' I chuckled while giving him a kiss. 'I will.. You to, hu.'

We both walked in to a different store. I walked around in a little shop until there was an old lady standing in front of me. 'Excuse me.. Can I help you?' She asked politely. I nodded. 'I am actually looking for a present for my boyfriend..' She nodded.

'Maybe you could tell me something about him? How he is as a person, how long you've been together..?' She suggested. I nodded once again with a smile on my face. 'We've been together for a little over a month.. But I've known him since we were little. We've been best friends since we played football together..' Remembering the memories of us playing football.. Or well, my attempt to try was hilarious. He would always laugh but it was fun, it always was.

'And a month ago we became a couple..' I bit on my lip. I wasn't going to mention the things that happened a week ago but I think she could read my face.

'Why don't you make a collection of some pictures that are special to you?' She suggested. I smiled. 'That's a great idea!'

It wasn't the first time that we celebrated christmas together but this was special since that this was the first one as a couple.

I sat down on the bench and was scrolling trough my feed when I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around and smiled when I saw that it was Neymar.

'Hi there!' I got up and held the bag with the album firmly in my hand. I saw he had a chic bag in his hand. I frowned. 'That looks .. really expensive..' I bit on my lip while eyeing him.

He shrugged. 'Don't worry, you'll love it!' He grinned while laying and arm around my waist.

'I'm curious what you've bought me..' I winked at him before looking in front of me again. 'Patience.. I can't wait to see your face when you open it tonight!'

We just ate main course when we sat in front of the little tree which was shining bright. 'Let's take a nice picture..' He murmured. I leaned my back against his chest and smiled. His head rested on mine.

He held his phone in front of us and snapped a picture. 'Beautiful..' I chuckled. 'Pictures are amazing memories, right?' I felt him nodding. 'Hmh.'

I shuffled a little and grabbed both of our presents from under the tree. I turned around and shove my present towards him. 'Happy Christmas, Ney..' I softly said while looking at him. 'Happy Christmas, Meg.. I'm so glad that we're spending it together..' I nodded. 'Me to..'

He wanted me to open my gift first, so I did.

I began unwrapping the gift.

I opened the small box that was inside the paper and bit on my lip. It was a beautiful bracelet with a few charms on it.

The first charm that I saw was a football. I took it between my fingers and smiled. 'It reminded me of our childhood.. Although it's still a big part of my life now..' I looked up and felt a blush creep on my cheeks. 'Our life, honey..' He chuckled while nodding. 'Our life..'

I looked back at the bracelet and let out a soft laugh. 'Our favorite food..' A slice of pizza hung on the bracelet.

The third charm I saw made me feel warm. It was a hart with on the front best friend written and on the back love of my life written.

I couldn't help but tear up a bit. I wiped a tear away. 'I'm sorry.. I don't mean to cry but .. It's just so beautiful..' I softly said. His hand laid on my tight and softly squeezed in it. 'Glad you like it..'

The fourth charm charm was the letter N. I didn't need to ask for what it was because I already knew it.

I looked up and a comfortable silence fell among us.

After a few moments I leant forward and pressed a kiss on his lips. 'Thank you so much .. I can never thank you enough. I love you.' I whispered before pressing a kiss on his lips again.

He chuckled. 'I'm so glad you like it.. I love you to.'

I started becoming a little nervous when he started ripping the paper of the album. He opened it and started looking trough it. 'Do you want to explain why you chose exactly them?' He looked up with a big smile on his face. I nodded and moved over in between his legs when he motioned me to.

'This one..' I pointed at the first picture in the corner. 'We were 5 or 6 in this picture..' A younger version of us stood there, laughing with a ball in our hands. I remember that his dad took the picture. It was one of our first pictures together. 'I remember how happy we were in this picture.. It was also one of the first pictures of us.. So I wanted it in here..' I smiled.

The second picture was one of Rafa with him. 'Your sister means a lot to you.. Also to me, but you know what I mean..' I murmured. 'I took this picture the first time we all went together to the club..'

The next picture was one of him playing football. 'I don't think that this needs an explanation but I'll do it anyway..' I took a deep breath. 'I wanted to make an album with pictures of things that meant a lot to you.. With people that meant a lot to you.. But also a little about us. About the journey we have experienced. Football was a big part of that because that's what got us to Barca in the first place. That is what got us to New York..'

'It's beautiful.. Please, go on. I love to hear you talk..' I heard him whisper.

I continued to explain the reason why I chose all of the pictures.

'And the last one..' I bit on my lip while flipping the page once again. 'Is the picture when you won the confederations cup and we hugged..' I smiled while going over the pic with my finger. 'It made me happy to see and .. It's special to me.' I shuffled a little so I could look at him. 'And? What do you think?' He just smiled down at me.

'It's perfect, just like you.' I blushed at his words. 'Thank you for giving me one of the most perfect days of my live. I hope there will follow many. Thank you for always staying with me. Thank you for always supporting and caring for me. Thank you for always comforting me..'

He took a deep breath.

'But most of all I just want to thank you for making me fall in love with you all over again, each day.' He softly said.