Chapter 7 - Finishing what he began

'Wake up.’ A harsh voice woke me up from my dream. Or should I say nightmare? I groaned. 'My head..’ I murmured. 'That’s what you get if you get drunk like that.’ I than realized it was Neymar waking me up. 'Go away’ I sighed as I rolled over. 'No’ I closed my eyes again. 'Why are you here?’ I felt the weight shift a little on the bed. 'I’m taking you to practice, remember? There’s a painkiller on the bedside table, you have 10 minutes’
He got up and approached the door. 'Did you want to kiss me?’ I frowned as he turned around. 'I don’t know, but it didn’t happen so I don’t think we should think about it.’ I bit on my lip.
'And if Rafa..’ I didn’t even bother to finish my sentence. 'It didn’t happen so there’s no point to talk about it.’ With that he left the room, softly closing the door.

It hurted. It hurted that he didn’t want to talk about it. I couldn’t get my mind to come clear as I walked down the stairs, dressed in a pair of shorts and a strapless shirt. I had my flip-flops and made my way in to the kitchen.

'Goodmorning’ His parents smiled politely towards me and I smiled back. 'Hello’ I grabbed a bottle of water. 'You can have breakfast when we get there’ I nodded as I grabbed my bag and hugged Rafa. 'Good luck’ I smiled as I released here. 'See you later.’ 

The pain-killer began to work as we entered the training field. 'Ney-’ I didn’t get a chance to finish my sentence because Isabella hugged me. 'Hangover?’ She smirked as she released me. 'A little’ I said, blushing. 'Party girl!’ Thiago laughed as we approached them. We embraced each other and grinned. 'You’re so stupid’
Neymar didn’t even bother to look back while walking over to Oscar who just came onto the pitch.
'Come on, let’s get breakfast’ Without hesitating Isabelle pulled me along with her into the long corridor.

'So, if I understand it correctly.. You almost kissed but he denies it?’ I shrugged as I took another bite of my sandwich. 'It’s not denying, it is more .. Not wanting to talk about it.’ It was her turn to shrug. 'But you like him?’ I shook my head. 'No’ Maybe i answered to quickly because she began grinning. 'No?’ I shook my head again. 'No, believe me’ She grinned. 'That photo..’ 'Was cute because he was taking care of me and we were cuddling, nothing more’ I finished her sentence as I leaned back in my chair. She smirked. 'You know .. We always said you two would be such a fun couple!’ I laughed. 'You guys actually talk about us?’ She nodded. 'Yes, ofcourse!’ I shook my head, laughing. 'No, seriously.. If he would like .. Would you be like friends with benefits or something?’ I shook my head while frowning. 'No, I don’t think so. I mean.. I have a reputation.’ She nodded. 'He does to.’ I grinned. 'I know that.’ We both began laughing.
'But the media wouldn’t know and stuff..’ I shrugged. 'They somehow always find everything.’
She sighed, looking at her plate. 'Tell me about it.’ I frowned.
'What’s wrong?’ She shook her head. 'Nothing.’ I decided to not push her because she already seemed upset. 'You can always talk about it with me, you know that.. Right?’
She tried to smile while looking over to me. 'Yes, I know.. Thank you’

Time flew by and soon practice was over.
 Isabella and I had a great time together, it was so much fun that I actually forgot about what happened yesterday for a moment.

The drive back was .. Awkward. We both didn’t say a word and I didn’t mind. It was better like that then that we were fighting or arguing or I don’t know what. There was some kind of tension but I couldn’t name it.

I sighed when I saw Rafa already outside. 'Hi there!’ She quickly hugged Ney and than hugged me. 'Want to do something fun?’ I shook my head. 'No, I want to rest.’ She shrugged and grabbed my hand. She dragged me along with her into the garden. 'What do you want to do?’ She looked innocent at me as she pushed my shoulder. I hadn’t noticed the pool was right behind me, but that wouldn’t have mattered anyway.
'Haha!’ I looked at her, fake angry. She jumped in to after which she began laughing. 'Happy now?’ I nodded as I pushed her. 'Much’

That day Ney and I just ignored each other. Not that it really bothered me much. Rafa was around all the time to take things of my mind. I sat on my bed flipping trough Instagram as I heard a knock on the door. 'Come in’ I said while tossing my phone to the side of my bed.

Neymar opened the door, only his head showing. 'Do you have a minute?’ I nodded. 'Ofcourse, come in..’ He came in and closed the door. He stood there for what felt like hours. We just looked at each other without saying anything. 'Why did you come?’ I finally asked when I decided I had enough of the silence.
'I..’ He didn’t finish his sentence. He bit on his lip and looked outside.
'What’s wrong?’ I frowned.
He sat down on the chair in the corner of the room.
'What’s wrong?’ He repeated. 'Everything, what is this between us?’ I shrugged as I let my back rest against the wall. 'I don’t know.’ I silently admitted. Again there was a moment of silence. 'I’m sorry for earlier, I-‚ I didn’t let him finish his sentence. 'It’s okay’ I swallowed. 'Really, it’s okay. Don’t bother about that’ He bit on his lip as he got up and sat next to me. 'Is your hangover gone?’ I nodded as I moved to the other side of the bed so he could sit there. 'Come back’ He pulled me back and looked down at me. I frowned as I rested my hands of his arms. 'Ney..’ I looked right in his eyes and sighed. 'I..’ I didn’t got the chance to finish because than he finally finished what he began yesterday.

 He kissed me.