Chapter 16 - The Fight

Chains clanged to the floor and retreated back into the wall where they belonged as a smirking demon could finally move his arms around freely.

    The guards watched as the blond demon massaged his aching wrists then proceeded to stretch out his muscles and flex for no particular reason.

    Today was Monday and currently the end of another shift for the Keeper and guards. Except today was different. (Y/N) talked with Davis about letting Akai go, his good behavior, and the fact that he's been chained up for the last two weeks. Davis wasn't entirely convinced about setting the demon free, however. He just didn't trust it enough. But she had a point, A1 has been laying off on the threats, snide remarks, and simply ignoring them, so with a hesitant sigh, he agreed to let Akai free. He hated that antagonizing smirk the demon gave him as he was walking up to it with the tablet that held the chain setting.

    Akai was beyond exhilarated to be able to move around again, but he didn't show it. For now, he was gonna relish the sorry look on the guards' faces.

    (Y/N) approached the demon with the code to release the collar. She stood close to him as she reached up and began activating the locks to release. Akai didn't watch but rather sadistically grinned at the guards who were holding their guns up, ready to shoot him if he tried anything.

"Almost done..." (Y/N) muttered in concentration. These locks were hard to work with, especially since they were small and matched the dark grey color of the collar. She had to squint and inch close to see them better.

    Even though they agreed to be friends, Angel still didn't like her being centimeters away from the demon and Akai happened to notice the jealousy radiate off of him. Maybe he can make it worse?

"Done." The collar snapped apart and (Y/N) pulled it from Akai's neck. "Now on to K-" Akai quickly wrapped his arms around the Keeper and lifted her up in the air like before. Her chest was squeezed into his and her legs dangled in the air, frantically trying to find the floor below. Before she could yelp in surprise at his action, he snuggled his face into her neck affectionately and lowered her down to give her a very intimate hug. Wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her body into his. Surely this would tick off a particular guard.

"Hey!" Both guards yelled as they aimed their rifles at the demon. It didn't appear like a hug to them, more like he was biting her neck off.

    As Akai hugged her, (Y/N) caught a glimpse of the alarmed guards and held up her hands to stop them from shooting. "I'm fine! Don't shoot!"

"Then why's it grabbing you?!" Davis knew this was a bad idea.

    (Y/N) didn't even know why Akai was holding her like this. This was really out of character for him. "I think... he's hugging me?"

    Akai buried his face deep into the crook of her neck lovingly and lifted his red eyes to stare mockingly at Angel. He was loving the pissed off reaction he was getting from the human. "This could be you right now but you're too soft." He muttered with a deep intimidating voice.

    Angel glared at the creature with a mad blush and (Y/N) gasped at the clear jab towards her friend. Even Akai knew. She pushed him back but Akai still had his hold on her, now starting to pick on her by giving her bedroom eyes and biting his lip, his tail rising up to graze her cheek which she slapped away. This demon was gonna be the death of her.

    After further convincing Davis not to lock up Akai again, she went over to Ki who watched from his side of the room in the dark. Because she struggled with the locks on Akai's collar, she pulled Ki into the light and asked him to bend down a bit so she can reach. His collar seemed to have gotten loose again and (Y/N) wondered if it was because of him or the collar was defective, either way, it made unlocking it easier. The collar snapped off and she removed it from his neck, happy that he didn't surprise embrace her like Akai.