Chapter 20 - The Cameras

5 days until the next experimentation...

"This is where they'll come through?"

"Yes."

"You know how to open it?"

"Not really."

    Akai huffed and felt around the wall for anything out of place. Ki told him about the random tapping the worker did to make the door open, so there must be some sort of hidden panel inside the wall. Even if he did find it, he wouldn't know the exact code. "Can't you make another portal thing and do whatever you did last time?"

    Ki shook his head. "It doesn't work like that. I can't picture the other side." Ki has only seen the hallway once but that's not enough to accurately picture that side in order to create a portal. He can't teleport somewhere unknown to him.

"This is hopeless!" Akai threw a fireball at the hidden door in frustration. The only other exit to this cell and it's also impossible to get through on their own. Akai turned to his cellmate with a fiery look in his eyes. "I say, when little miss Keeper leaves out, we make a break for it before she closes the door."

"That's not happening. What kind of plan is that?"

    Akai shrugged, it sounded good enough for him. All they have to do is not get caught. Simple.

"Where are we gonna run to after we get out? And just the two of us are gonna fight off possibly one hundred guards with weapons?" Ki questioned.

"Hey! It beats sitting around all day waiting for whatever your plan is to begin! You know what, I'm telling her." Akai turned to where (Y/N) was currently asleep at her desk and began making his way over.

    Ki immediately grabbed Akai's arm and pulled him back like he was crazy. "No! She can't know that we've found out about the Hold!"

    The blond glared and snatched his arm away before continuing his way to the Keeper. When he reached her desk, he looked down at the woman with her head in her arms sleeping peacefully. She stayed up all night talking with her sister again and didn't realize how late into the night it was until after she hung up. (Y/N) decided to take a quick nap at her desk and told the demons to behave but that was an hour and a half ago. Akai kneeled down and went to shake her awake but a much better idea popped into his head. With a smirk, he moved closer to her ear and stuck out his pointed tongue. Before he could finish his plan, he felt a hand grip the back of his neck and pull him away from the slumbering Keeper.

    Akai grabbed the hand and glared at Ki who was giving him a death stare. Ki moved to stand in front of (Y/N) protectively while digging his sharp nails into his cellmate's neck. "Don't touch her like that!" He whispered but it was filled with aggression.

    Akai gripped Ki's hand and pulled it away from his neck, his added strength almost broke a bone but Ki never flinched. Akai smiled widely at the enraged demon. "What? I was only going to wake her up. No need to be possessive.~"

    He shoved Ki's hand away and pushed him back. Before another fight could start, (Y/N) shifted in her seat which made the two pause to look at her. She repositioned herself in her chair then flipped her head over before slowly falling back to sleep. Akai took this distraction and quickly kneeled down to be leveled with her. "(Y/N)?~"

"Hm?"

"Can I ask you a question?~"

    She slowly opened one eye to meet Akai's red ones before closing it again. "Mhm."

    Ki was trying to cover the blond's mouth while Akai fought him back, slightly holding in giggles from pissing his cellmate off. "What's the Hold?"