5

❛ the bus ride ❜

Y/N STUFFED HER BAG WITH ANYTHING THAT COULD FIT.

Money, clothes, food, anything at all. Her brothers and sisters helped her out. When they heard the news they congratulated her. They came over to her bed and took everything out of her bag, setting it neatly.

"Thanks you guys." She smiled.

"Are you seriously not bringing any makeup?" One of her sisters, Lacy asked.

"Nope."

"Don't worry Lace, Y/n just wants to look ugly." Drew scoffed.

Drew was who Y/n described as one of the most annoying person on the planet besides Percy's questions.

"Well at least I look a lot better than you without it." She snapped. Drew gasped and Silena fought a chuckle before giving her a look of warning.

After saying goodbye to campers, she hiked up Half-blood hill to the pine tree that used to be Thalia, daughter of Zeus.

Chiron was waiting for them in his wheelchair. He introduced the new demigod to the person next to him,"This is Argus. He will drive you into the city, and er, well keep an eye on things"

Y/n heard footsteps behind them. Luke came running up the hill, carrying a pair of basketball shoes.

"Hey!" He panted, "Glad I caught you."

Annabeth redden while Y/n gave her a revolted look.

"Just wanted to say good luck." Luke told Percy, "And I thought...um, maybe you could use these."

He handed Percy the sneakers and yelled "Maia!"

White bird wings sprouted out of the heels. The shoes flapped around on the ground until the wings folded up and disappeared.

"Awesome!" Grover exclaimed.

Luke smiled, "Those served me well when I was on my quest. Gift from Dad. Of course, I don't use them much these days.." his expression turned sad.

Y/n and Annabeth avoided eye contact and looked to the ground uncomfortably. She remembered the last quest he had, coming back with that knife slashed scar and how sad and tired he looked.

"Hey man. Thanks." Percy spoke up.

"Listen Percy.." Luke looked anxious, "A lot of hopes are riding on you. So just...kill some monsters for me okay?"

They shook hands. Luke patted Grover on the shoulder and hugged goodbye to the two girls.

After Luke was gone, Y/n turned to Annabeth, putting a hand on her shoulder, "You're hyperventilating."

"Am not." she argued.

"You let him capture the flag instead of you, didn't you?" Percy asked, poking his head into the conversation.

"Oh..why do I want to go anywhere with you, Percy?" She stomped down the other side of the hill where a white SUV waited on the shoulder of the road. Y/n and Argus followed, Argus jingling his car keys.