25

❛ siren's song ❜

"NO!" Y/N SCREAMED.

She jolts up with sweat, covering her like a blanket. She sighed as her hands twitches, "It was a dream. It's just a dream, you're okay. He's gone. You're far away." She stood up and looked to where Annabeth slept peacefully, "So far away." She sighed.

Memories rushed to when her father threatened to kill her if she hadn't stopped crying. He was drunk and had yelled at her multiple times for no reason. He gripped her wrists tight and at that moment, she knew she's dead.

He threw her into a darkened room with nothing to sleep on, and nothing to eat.

"No! Please! Father, I'll behave! I'm sorry!" Young Y/n begged.

"You are not my daughter." He spat angrily, throwing glass on the floor as a piece flew across Y/n's face, scarring her cheek.

As he locked the door, the only thing she could hear were the cries of her own voice as darkness began to surround her once again.

Y/n went up the deck to find Percy, steering the wheel. The three had made a schedule. Percy takes first watch, then Y/n, and lastly, Annabeth.

"Hey," Percy smiled as he saw the brunette. She was still in her silk white dress, though her hair was a little messy.

"Hey. I think we should switch now, my turn to watch." Y/n walked over but he hesitated. He looks at her cautiously before grabbing something to ensure the wheel to stay put.

"You okay?" He asked as they walked toward the railing of the Queen Anne's Revenge. It was Blackbeard's ship they stole.

Out of all the yacht and modernized ships there were at the port, Percy chose this. A seventeenth century pirate ship who was under his command.

She forced a smile, "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You have that look. The one where you force yourself to smile and pretend everything's okay. The one where your smile isn't real. You have something on your mind.—And because you're sweating."

Y/n looked at him and shot a grateful smile, "How'd you figure me out so fast?"

A light blush covered his face. He didn't want to say 'You have this kind of charm where i can never find myself to look away.'

So instead he said, "I guess I'm good like that."

She let out a soft laugh before sighing, "Just nightmares, I guess."

"Wanna talk about it?"

She shook her head, dejà vu hitting her, "No, I'm okay. Thanks."

Percy sighed, "Well, I'm always here if you need."

His words struck Y/n. Suddenly, everything ached. There was a huge lump in her throat as those words replayed in her mind, 'I'm always here if you need, I promise. Im always here. Always here. I promise.'

Luke.

"Thanks." She mumbled. She knew he was worried for her but she ignored it. She hated talking about her feelings. She learnt to keep it to herself and hide them, bottle them up.

Percy cleared his throat, hoping to cheer the air up a bit, "Thanks for saving me back there."

"All good. I kinda like you as a human."

Percy snorted, "Yeah, well me too. If it wasn't for the both of you, my sorry ass would've been shipped to a kindergarten place. Gods, imagine them petting me."