20

❛ princess andromeda ❜

"NO."

Percy froze, "Wha—but-you don't even know what I was gonna say!"

"Percy, you heard what Tantalus said. I'd be expelled! Camp Half-Blood is my home! I have no family outside." Y/n argued.

"You won't have a home either way if we don't grab the Fleece!" The words hung off Percy's tongue and hit Y/n like a brick.

The boy regretted it, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that—but you have to come Y/n. Please. I won't be able to do it without you."

The girl looked into his eyes that held desperation. He was telling the truth. And she'd feel bad for leaving Annabeth alone with him. Gods know how he can be an annoying pain in the ass.

"Just—hold on a minute. I'll be right back."

Percy smiled, "Yes! Thank you!"

The girl packed her bags quickly, trying to avoid waking up her siblings. She headed out the door and followed Percy to Annabeth. He explained to her about his little visit from Hermes and Luke's boat. They walked to the shore where Annabeth and Tyson stood.

Y/n stopped walking, making Percy turn around and ask, "What's wrong?"

"Him. That's what's wrong." She pointed to Tyson.

"We can't leave him. Tantalus will punish him for us being gone."

"Percy," Y/n hissed, loud enough for Percy to hear, "we're going to Polyphemus's island! Polyphemus is a S-i-k...C-y-k.." she let out a loud groan, "You know what I mean!"

"Tyson can go," he insisted, "If he wants to—and he wants to."

Y/n exchanged uneasy looks with Annabeth, "Alright. How do we get to that ship?"

"Hermes said my father would help."

"Well then, Seaweed Brain. What are you waiting for?"

"Um, Dad?" He called, "How's it going?"

Y/n heard noises coming towards them.

"Percy!" Annabeth whispered, "We're in a hurry!"

"We need your help," he called a little louder, "We need to get to that ship like, before we get eaten and stuff so.."

The Harpies were getting louder and Y/n glared at Percy. Then, three white lines appeared on the surface. As they neared the beach, the surf burst apart and the head of three white stallions reared out of the waves.

Tyson caught his breath, "Fish ponies!"

"Hippocampi!" Annabeth said, "They're beautiful."

"We'll admire them later," Percy said, "Come on!"

"There!" A voice sneered from behind, "Bad children out of cabins! Snack time for lucky harpies!"

"Tyson grab a duffel bag!" Percy shouted, "Tyson!"

"Uh?"

"Come on!"

Percy, Annabeth and Tyson got on a horse but Y/n stood still, "Percy there's only three!"

"You'll share one with me. Hurry up!" Y/n looked behind her. The harpies fluttered over the top of the dunes. Thank the gods they weren't fast.

She climbed behind Percy and adjusted herself.

"What are you doing?" Percy asked.

"You literally told me to share with you." The brunette defended.