3

❛ percy was claimed ❜

Y/N CHEERED AS ANNABETH AND TWO OF HER SIBLINGS RAN INTO THE PAVILION CARRYING A SILK BANNER.

It was about ten feet long, glistening gray, with a painting of a barn owl above an olive tree.

Clarisse and her buddies ran in with another banner, identical in size but gaudy red, painted with a bloody spear and a boar's head.

The teams were announced. Y/n was furious when Silena told them they'd teamed up with the Ares cabin. She wasn't as excited as before.

"But Annabeth and I had a whole plan!" She had said. She kept insisting before she finally accepted it.

Chiron hammered his hoof on the marble, "Heroes!" He declared, "You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!"

Weapons, armor, and shields are laid out on the table. Y/n went straight to the shields, not needing to find a sword for she had her own, then went to the armory section where she met Annabeth.

The blonde girl looked at the brunette with pleading eyes, "I'm so sorry Y/n."

The daughter of Aphrodite shook her head, "Nah don't worry about it. Although, I was looking forward to winning."

Annabeth did a little awe, "You think that highly of me?"

"No, only Luke." She said teasingly.

The girl scoffed and rolled her eyes before leaving.

"Love you, Annie!" Y/n yelled from behind.

Annabeth did a little wave, not looking back, "I know!"

Y/n took a helmet before someone bumped into her. She shoved them off before glaring at them. The person lifted their helmet from their eyes.

"Oh, you," She looks at Percy.

"Shoot. Sorry, Y/n I didn't mean to bu—"

Y/n took his helmet off and gave him a smaller helmet from Athena's side, "Here. That helmet was too big on you anyways."

He took it with a smile, "Thanks."

The girl shrugged before making her way to her side of the team. Twisting her ring into Dove, Y/n turns towards Clarisse, "So what's the plan?"

The bulky girl and her friends snorted, "You sure you want to join? Aren't you afraid you're gonna get your hair messy and your clothes dirty?"

Y/n narrowed her eyes and clamped her fist, "Why don't you stop acting 'so cool' and tell me what's the damn plan?" She said, a lot louder than it was supposed to be.

Clarisse bent over, scowling, "Leave it to me, beauty queen." this was all she said before leaving Y/n in the dust.

Y/n cursed in Greek, "Looks like I'll have to think of one myself." she muttered, grumbling. Y/n knew Athena would win, her team was outnumbered by their talent.