8

❛ 630ft down ❜

THE FOUR GOT SHOEHORNED INTO THE TINY ELEVATOR CAR WITH A BIG FAT LADY AND HER CHIHUAHUA.

"No parents?" The lady asked. She had beady eyes; pointy, coffee-stained teeth and mostly wore denim.

"They're below." Annabeth told her, "Scared of heights."

"Oh the poor darlings," the Chihuahua growled, "Now, now, sonny. Behave."

"Sonny. Is that his name?" Percy asked.

The lady smiled, "No."

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows, glancing at Percy who just shrugged.

At the top of the Arch, the observation deck had rows of tiny windows looked out over the city on one side and the river on the other.

Annabeth kept talking about structural supports and how she would've made it.

The park ranger announced that the observation deck would be closing in a few minutes.

The group walked towards the car only to see it fits Annabeth and Grover.

"Next car kids." the park ranger said.

"We'll get out." Annabeth said, "We'll wait with you guys."

Y/n shook her head while Percy said, "Nah it's okay. We'll see you guys at the bottom."

Grover and Annabeth both looked nervous but let the elevator door slide shut.

Now the only people left on the observation deck was them, a little boy with his parents, the park ranger and the fat lady with her Chihuahua.

Percy smiled uneasily at the fat lady. She smiled back, her forked tongue flickering between her teeth.

Forked tongue?

"Y/n." he whispered, tugging on her shirt. She turned around, breaking her attention from the window view as the Chihuahua jumped down from the lady and started yapping at Percy.

"Now, now sonny" the lady said, "Does this look like a good time? We have all these nice people here."

Y/n chuckled at Percy, "You really suck with animals Perce."

Percy glared at her, widening his eyes as a sign until she realized they were in danger. She looked back at the lady guardedly.

"Doggie!" Said the little boy, "Look, a doggie!"

His parents pulled him back. The Chihuahua bared his teeth at the two demigods, foam dripping from his black lips.

"Well son," the lady sighed, "If you insist."

"Um, did you just call that Chihuahua your son?" Percy asked

"Chimera, dear" the fat lady corrected, "Not a chihuahua. It's an easy mistake to make."

She rolled up her denim sleeves, revealing the skin of her arms, scaly and green. When she smiled, Y/n saw her teeth were fangs. The pupils of her eyes were side ways slits, like reptile's.