4

❛ a quest ❜

EVERYONE STEERED OUT OF PERCY'S WAY.

After the whole incident, they would avoid Percy. His claiming sent two clear messages; Percy was the son of the Sea God, and: monsters won't stop at anything to kill him.

It was night and Y/n found herself looking at old pictures of Luke, Annabeth, and her. Some were very old, from the day they arrived at camp.

She noticed a sudden change in Luke's smile. His was real back then but now, he's different. Y/n couldn't tell how, but she knew it instinctively. From the way, he's acting. He was more aggressive and his scar made him look evil at times.

Silena walked over to her, "Hey. You okay?"

Y/n nodded, looking back at the picture in her hand, "Yeah."

Silena sat on the younger girl's bed, crossing her legs. She was dressed in a pink silk pajama and her hair was let down with black curls, "No you're not. Y/n you can't just keep bottling up your feelings like this. One day it's gonna come out exploding."

Y/n shrugged, "I've been doing just fine bottling those annoying brats up. I've done it for twelve years."

"I know you hate talking about your feelings but it's not healthy keeping them to yourself." Silena sighed. She cared for Y/n and the brunette knows it. She just doesn't allow herself to know it's real.

"So I should tell Percy how I feel about him?"

Silena's eyes widened and her lips twitched into a smile before Y/n continued, "—how much I can't stand him and how he makes it so easy for me to want to break his bones."

The older girl rolled her eyes, "I swear to Zeus Y/n, you need to give people a chance. I'm sure he's not as bad as you think. As much as he annoys you, I think you two will get along pretty well—I mean, sarcastic plus sarcastic seems to mix well."

"Relax Sil, I was joking—partly."

Silena yawned and stood up. She stopped near Y/n's chest box and turned back to the girl, "You need to clean your place. Inspection's coming soon."

"Goodnight Silena." The brunette quickly said, not wanting to hear her sister's cleaning rant. Silena rolled her eyes and went over to her bed.

Y/n gathered the photos, looking at it for the last time before putting it back in the box and setting it under her bed.

That night Y/n had a dream.

She was sitting in an unfamiliar place. Her eyes went over to two birds, sitting on a wire. There was a huge gap between them and one of them moved closer to the other. The girl bird—who Y/n thinks, moved farther from the boy but he didn't give up.

The girl moved farther until she was at the end. She had no choice but to stay. Soon the boy caught up with her. The two birds looked at each other chirping. The chirps ended when the boy left, flying away.

Y/n's face scrunched up in confusion.

The lonely bird finally opened it's wings and flew to catch up but instead, her wings were ripped out, blood flew onto her face and Y/n froze. The bird was ripped into pieces. With each rip, Y/n felt the bird's pain in her and screamed. She felt like she was stabbed. Her heart broke and thunder shook.

The scene changed and she was standing on the beach. The waves crashed harshly and lightning stroke the sky. With each thunder, the wave moved closer to Y/n. The brunette tried to run but her feet was planted onto the sand. Her whole body panicked.