21

❛ luke ❜

Y/N ONLY WANTED HER AND ANNABETH TO GO, HAVING A BETTER CHANCE IN TALKING SENSE INTO LUKE BUT PERCY WOULDN'T ALLOW IT.

"Nobody?" Tyson suggested, "Please?"

Everyone ended up coming along. They stopped at their cabin to grab their duffle bags and head out.

The group snuck around the corners and down the halls, following the YOU ARE HERE signs. Annabeth used her invisible cap to scout ahead. She ran back and grabbed her friends, "Hide!"

Y/n ducked behind a door and watched as someone she knew passed by. Chris Rodriguez. He was an undetermined camper in the Hermes cabin. She never talked much, only sometimes, passing conversation in their sword lessons but that's all.

"You see that Aethipian drakon in the cargo hold?" He asked the demigod next to him who Y/n didn't recognize.

"Yeah, it's awesome!" They laughed.

"I heard they got two more coming," Chris said, "They keep arriving at this rate—oh man. No contest." Voices faded down the corridor.

"That was Chris Rodriguez!" Annabeth said, "You remember—from cabin Eleven."

They kept going down the corridor until Annabeth stopped suddenly. She stood in front of a glass wall looking down into the multistory canyon that ran through the middle of the ship. At the bottom was a mall full of shops.

A group of monsters assembled in front of the candy store: a dozen Laistrygonian giants, two hellhounds, and a few stranger creatures.

"Scythian Dracaenae." Y/n whispered, "Dragon women."

The monsters made a semicircle around a young guy in Greek armour who was hacking on a straw dummy. Y/n felt her heart break a little more when she realized the dummy was wearing an orange Camp Half-Blood T-shirt. The guy in armour stabbed the dummy through. Straw flew away. The monsters cheered and howled.

Y/n stepped away from the window, if she saw one more sad thing, the girl would burst into tears and start throwing stuff around.

"Come on," Percy told her, "The sooner we find Luke, the better."

At the end of the hallway were double doors. Tyson stopped, "Voices inside."

"You can hear that far?" Percy asked.

Tyson closed his eye. His voice changed to a similar one as Luke, "—the prophecy ourselves. The fools won't know which way to turn."

Tyson's voice changed again, deeper and gruffer like the guy Luke talked to outside the restroom, "You really think the old horseman is gone for good?"

Tyson laughed as Luke, "They can't trust him. Not with the skeletons in his closet. The poisoning of the tree was the final straw."

"Stop that." Annabeth whispered, "It's creepy. How do you do that?"

Tyson opened his eye, "Just listening,"

"Keep going." Percy said. "What else are they saying?"

Tyson closed his eye again. He hissed in the gruff man's voice, "Quite!" Then in Luke's, "Are you sure?"

"Yes," Tyson said in the gruff voice, "Right outside."

"Run!" Percy yelled. The doors burst open and there was Luke, flanked by two hairy giants armed with javelins, their bronze tips aimed right at their chest.

"Well," Luke said with a crooked smile, "If it isn't my three favourite cousins. Come right in."

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊