24

❛ guinea pigs ❜

Y/N COULD STAY QUIET FOR DAYS IF IT MEANT NOT KILLING LUKE.

She knew he was still there—the old Luke. Her Luke. Her brother.

Percy was out to seek revenge. He wanted to kill the blonde teen who was behind Tyson's death. He was angry.

They sailed to gods knows where but while it was Percy's turn to row, he rowed confidently, like he knew where they were going.

He told them Grover was running out of ways to stall Polyphemus and they needed to hurry. They had less then twenty four hours to save him if Polyphemus doesn't decide to marry him earlier.

"Yeah," Percy said bitterly, "You can never trust a Cyclops."

His tone stung Y/n and she clenched her fist, "Just because Tyson is different doesn't mean that all Cyclops are good. Didn't you tell everyone that he wasn't your brother? That he was your brother from the monstrous side." Regret and guilt filled her as soon as she finished talking.

He just lost Tyson you idiot.

"I-I'm sorry." She sighed, "I'm sorry for being such a prick. Look, I—we," she glanced at Annabeth, "We were wrong about him. And i know that now. And I'd do anything to go back in time and tell him how much better he is then the others."

Y/n searched for any hint of forgiveness in Percy before she added one more thing, "I'd buy him a million powdered donuts if it meant showing how wrong I was."

His expression soften but he didn't reply. Instead, he said, "Annabeth, what's Chiron's prophecy?"

Annabeth froze, "Percy, I shouldn't—"

"I know Chrion promised to the gods he wouldn't tell me, but you didn't promise, did you?"

Annabeth's eyes flickered to Y/n and Percy narrowed his eyes at the Aphrodite child, "You know it too? Of course."

"We weren't meant to! It was merely an accident."

Annabeth nodded, "Knowledge isn't always good for you."

"Your mom is the Goddess of wisdom!"

Annabeth sighed, "I know! But every time heroes learn the future, they try to change it—"

"And it never works." Y/n finished.

"The gods are worried about something I'll do when I'm older." Percy told them, focusing on their reaction, "Something when I turn sixteen."

Y/n flashed a look to Annabeth and they argued with their eyes. Y/n sighed, giving up before fiddling with her rings.

She noticed the ring she gave to Percy. He still had it. The thought of him still keeping it and wearing it comforted her and the fact she was wearing her half of the ring made her smile. She took a breath before saying, "We don't know the whole prophecy, but it warns about a half-blood child of the big three—the next one who lives to the age of sixteen."

Annabeth continued, "That's the real reason Zeus, Poseidon and Hades swore a pact after World War II not to have any more kids. The next child of the Big Three who reaches sixteen will be a dangerous weapon."