1

act one.
the lightning thief.
❛ percy jackson ❜

SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHY IT WAS SO BAD THAT SHE HAD TAKEN AN INTEREST IN FIGHTING.

Slashing swords, fighting off monsters. She liked that.

But her brothers and sisters don't—and she hated that. She hated the way she didn't fit in. She hated the way her siblings would stare.

The girl sat on the jetty, her legs dangling off the edge, her eyes engrossed on the diamond-clear lake ahead of her. She mostly comes here to think, or to relax—most times from people.

The wind blew softly in her brown hair, the cold breeze tickling her ears. She could hear people practicing and campers talking excitedly since Capture the Flag was arriving very soon.

It was Y/n's favorite game—and although her brothers and sisters don't usually participate in these things, Y/n couldn't fight the urge to join.

Once the girl had had enough of sitting down, she walked over to the infirmary where her best friend, Annabeth, was helping a boy Grover turned in two days ago. The wooden planks creaked under her feet with each step she took.

It was told that he'd killed a Minotaur bull by himself. Y/n couldn't help but feel a tad bit envious when she heard that. She's always wanted to fend off a monster out in the mortal world but being a daughter of Aphrodite, her scent wasn't as strong as most half-bloods.

"Hey Annie." she greeted the blondie. Annabeth had grey eyes and blonde curls. Y/n had found her eyes mesmerizing. They've been a duo since they were seven and first came to camp together.

"Oh, hey Y/n." The girl replied, scooping in some pudding for the scrawny boy.

The brunette pulled a seat and sat down picking up Annabeth's book on architecture.

She flipped through the pages, unbothered to reading and looking at the pictures instead. She wasn't interested in this building stuff.

"What's the first thing you're gonna build?" Y/n asked, not breaking her gaze on the book.

Annabeth thought hard, "I've always said a city but if you want something more specific then I'm not sure."

"Could you build me my own private theme park?" She asked. "There! I just gave you an idea."

"What do you mean?" Annabeth knitted her eyebrows.

Y/n shrugged, looking at the confused blonde, "Well, you said you don't know what you're going to build, so build my theme park first."

The girl holding chocolate pudding scoffed, rolling her eyes at her best friend's playful attitude.

Y/n was known for having sarcastic responses and a short temper. If you knew her well, then it's hard not to like her. She made herself likable. But if you were new, then you'd most definitely hate her.

It's not that she's so unlikeable and annoying, it's just that she's aware of how bad things would go if you trusted someone the moment you meet them. She knows better than to judge someone based on first interaction.

She was also blunt with things, never really afraid to tell the truth. But that's only when she doesn't know you. With Annabeth and her other friends, that's a whole different story. She'll do anything to make them happy and confident in the things they do. She's always supportive and caring. Of course, she still keeps her blunt honesty, she'll just sugarcoat it.

"What will happen at the summer solstice?"

Y/n's ears perked up, hearing Annabeth whisper to the half-awoken boy. She hoisted her head from the book and sauntered toward her blonde friend, desperate for some knowledge.