26

❛ polyphemus ❜

"I SAW." PERCY SAID.

The trio decided it was about time they spoke about what they saw and their flaws. Y/n's eyes widened as Percy told her that he saw her image, "Y-you did?"

He reluctantly nodded, "Yeah. With Luke...and your parents."

She smiled disappointingly, "It was all I ever wanted. But hey, if my dad hadn't been such a dick to make me run away, I wouldn't have met you guys!" She joked. Annabeth clutched her hands in hers.

Percy didn't understand how she could be joking at a time like this. He knew of her trauma yet she jokes about it like it hadn't scarred her life forever. He sees how she flinches every time someone suddenly yells or lifts an arm at her.

"Did you find your fatal flaw?" Percy asked.

Annabeth nodded, "Hubris."

"The brown stuff they spread on veggie sandwiches?" Percy frowned.

With her other hand, Annabeth smacked the back of his head, "That's hummus, idiot. Hubris is worse.

"What could be worse than hummus?" He asked, wincing by the impact of the hit.

"It means deadly pride."

"Oh. And you?" He turned to Y/n who played with her rings.

"Saviour complex." She exhaled. She secretly wished Percy didn't understand and wouldn't ask. If he knew, then he'd also know that she'd go through anything to save Luke. The image the Sirens had shown her helped her dying flame of hope in her 'brother'. It gave her some sort of motivation.

Percy nodded, not wanting to push the girl even more after she broke down in front of him. He could tell it wasn't normal for her to cry in front of people.

Just by the way she's acting around him like he'd seen something he wasn't suppose to and how Annabeth was extra soft and careful around her when she saw her tearstained eyes.

The two didn't know how to react or what to do with the brunette. Although both of them wanted to comfort her, they didn't know how to. She rarely talked about her feelings.

Y/n could tell they were trying but she didn't say anything. Annabeth opened her mouth to talk before her gaze landed somewhere else. Her eyes widened, "You guys.."

The son of Poseidon and daughter of Aphrodite both turned. Up ahead was a blotch of land—a saddle shaped island with forested hills and white beaches and green meadows.

They had reached the home of the Cyclops.

𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊

"THE FLEECE." ANNABETH SAID AS THEY SAIL TOWARD SHORE.

"If we take it away, will the island die?" Percy asked.

Y/n shook her head, "It'll fade. Go back to what it would be normally—whatever that is."

In the meadow at the base of the ravine, several dozen sheep were milling around, sized of hippos. Just past then was a path that led up into the hills. At the top of the path, bear the edge of the canyon was a massive oak tree.

"This is too easy." Y/n whispered confusingly.

Percy shrugged, "We could just hike up there and take it?"

Annabeth shook her head, "There's supposed to be a guardian. A dragon or..."

Then, a deer emerged from the bushes. It trotted into the meadow when all the sheep bleated at once and rushed the animal. It happened so fast that the deer stumbled and was lost in a sea of wool and trampling hooves. Y/n watched as grass and tufts flew in the air.